NDS Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NDS Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

Minimum One Technical round will be there, followed by a manager round and HR. Interview process will be take some where around 2 weeks (end to end) . Nice place to work and learn things. Now NDS is acquired by Cisco

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NDS

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Complete Process had 1 Written, 2 Technical, 1 Managerial, 1 HR, so totally 5 Rounds

Written
    10 Java and 25 Aptitude Questions. 1 Algorithm for specific problem question

1st Technical
    Complete Java concepts, Core Java, J2EE and Oops concepts. Bit of Data-structures

2nd Technical
    Tricky Basic Java questions and lots of Puzzles mostly to check your analytical skills

Managerial
    Complete round of what you did in your old company and processes followed. Few specific scenario and your response questions

HR
    Kind of time-pass round with all questions about you and your interests.

Overall it was good experience and also learned few things with some nice questions both technical and analytical.

Interview Questions

• Few questions on Singly Linked List and other collections.
      Few puzzles based on the real world problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation round was very much like to tame the attitude bull!! They show full attitude towards you and try to minimize the package as much as possible. Be cool & patient and they come to your terms though not completely.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

There were 3 technical rounds and the questions were on core java, design patterns, spring & hibernate. The questions were not difficult.

Interview Questions

Because it was contract to hire position.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

it was not very tough to clear ..
    c,multithreading,ipc,DS,networking,mutex,seamaphore
    more question on networking as i was applying for IP team
    TCP,IP,DNS,DHCP basics ..........................................
    OS concepts,
    why u r leaving ur present company ..........................
    ............................ .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

Interview Questions

• write a program to print even and odd numbers in different thread.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Written test was conducted after which there was an interview, the managerial interview smacked of hubris, i wondered if i was in NDS or Apple

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2009.

Interview

Interview was of three technical and one HR. In the interview, it has mainly concentrated on Core Java, Implementation of HashMap, Implementation of ThreadPool, modelling some problem scenerios on design patterns. It was conducted in a very conducive env.

Interview Questions

• Write implementation of ThreadPool   1 Answer
    • Write implementation of HashMap   1 Answer

The compensation i didnt find very exciting. It was just average. Moreover, they wanted me join immediately and i was going to get married

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NDS in August 2008.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview

Interview Questions

• questions in design pattern   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2008.

Interview

2 rounds of technical rounds and then 1 round of HR. Questions about Linux, STB, DTV and mpeg will be asked. It might last for max of 1 hour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They accepted what ever I asked them.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2008.

Interview

nothing special. first round technical. second round taken by technical manager. third round by another line manager, then HR

Interview Questions

• write a program to find a height of the tree   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much