NDS Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NDS Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

Campus interview - few programming questions. Then shortlisted for onsite interview which comprised of 2 rounds - technical and HR. The interview panel was very supportive and nice to talk to

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on linked list, algorithms, puzzles. Why NDS? What is your biggest strength, weakness?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NDS

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NDS (Costa Mesa, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Company requires idiots to fillup the joint; every once in a while, a skilled engineer accidently joins the company. Company requires PERFECT TRW and credit scores. They pretend that the company has important secrets to protect. Do not try to join unless you want to be screened by CREDIT SCORE and SECURITY COMPANY and 3 or 4 letters of REFERENCE and calls to past employers. 30+day process NDS painful.

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with managers who do not speak your language?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to take continous and ongoing bonings from your direct manager, in order to continue employment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

So long as you were willing to take recurring from your bosses, they were willing to pay. Start as high as you think they can bear, because you will get HARD and OFTEN, should you take job offer. Consider high 110's. High 120's are for mgt. Architechs might ask mid 140's. Few senior mgr make $300K+, but rare.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

One technical written paper, followed by 2 technical rounds which also includes one round with team manager (only C, and that too very basic one), and finally HR for salary negotiation. overall process is easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

3 Rounds of interview . Technical round [your skills],manager round [logical and algorithms ]and hr round. Background verification was done once the offer has been accepted. In some cases, two levels of technical discussion was held

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NDS.

Interview

I interviewed with this company as a fresher in campus. The interview consisted of 5 rounds.
    Round 1: Aptitude + Technical test
    Round 2: Extempore speech
    Round 3: Technical interview - general subject and Software language questions
    Round 4: Technical interview - Coding and puzzles
    Round 5: HR

Interview Questions

• Puzzles are the difficult ones. Even the coding questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NDS in November 2013.

Interview

Apti+ technical round followed by panel interview interview
    Very easy interview process mainly concentrated on Data structures and Operating systems and over view of linux architecture.

Question :
    Given doubly linked list how you optimize searching?
    Possible solutions to prevent dead lock occurrence?
    Tree traversal problems

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Staines, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NDS (Staines, England (UK)).

Interview

In response to internet job ad. Contacted by agent (very good) and external who acts for NDS in telephone interview. 53 days between phone interview & f2f interview.
    Five senior people, all very friendly.

Interview day was 1.5 hour technical, 1.5 competency-based and 1-2 hours of programming a virtual car to navigate a track.

Interview Questions

• I struggled a bit in the technical interview about how threads communicate -- my fault for not enough prep.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 4 rounds.
    The first three rounds were purely technical where the candidate has to write write and also explain algorithm.In the second round apart from basic java questions a scenario was given where you need to write code using proper design patterns.
    The 3rd round was with the manager in which questions regarding UML designing were asked and also a scenario was given for which the candidate had to draw the state diagram.
    The 4th round was HR and basic HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Had to write proper code for a given scenarios using design patterns and coding standards.
      Apart from that the questions were okay.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The following rounds for C development post.

1. Written test (objective + C)

Technical rounds are based on C language. So be strong in C.

2. First Technical Round + some puzzles

3. Second Technical Round + OS questions.

4. HR round

Interview Questions

• Concentrate the bit wise calculation & Pointers, Structures in C language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NDS (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got the interview call through employee referral.
    Whole hiring process started from written test which includes aptitude and core java as the job profile for which I got the call was related to Java.
    I cleared the written test and got the result within 1 hour only. After that two technical round happened. Starting from OOPs concept interviewer asked questions in depth from core java. Most of the questions were from collections, string and exception handling. They asked some questions from design pattern as well.
    After clearing these two round, managerial round was there to clear. In that, interviewer screwed me like anything. He asked the reason for change and what are your future plans and questions like why NDS and many more questions. Somehow I managed to convince the interviewer by my words.
    Finally HR round happened. HR was very cool and asked very normal questions. All the rounds happened in one day.
    Within 1 week I got the the confirmation mail and offer letter as well. :)

Interview Questions

• Which implementation of the List interface provides for the fastest insertion of a new element into the middle of the list?
      a. Vector b. ArrayList c. LinkedList