NEC Corporation of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America (Irving, TX).

Interview

I had initial phone interviews with internal recruiter, follow phone and in-person interviews with peers and managers. Final interviews where in-person 5 separate interviews with senior management at head quarters. Finished up with dinner with key team members for additional peer questions and interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America (Irving, TX).

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview. I was lucky, they were looking for someone with specific skills. One that I didn't realize that I had but the interviewer explained that a job that previously had for 6 months was the key

Interview Questions

• How did I like working with remote data sources such as remote telemetry machines?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America (Rocklin, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Was hired on through a staffing company. Process was fairly smooth but pretty drawn out. First interview was with staffing company and lasted 15 or so minutes. Second was a phone interview with the hiring manager which lasted 20 minutes. My phone interview was more along the lines of a job description more then an interview. Third interview was with hiring manager and three current employees. Overall the interview was pretty easy, they basically asked me questions relating to my title and what I had listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. Position had a starting salary above what I wanted, so I immediately accepted.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America (Rancho Cordova, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a Phone Interview with the Documentation Manager, two days later I had an in person interview with her, then another in person interview with the Sales Manager, came back to the documentation manager and had a team interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with DITA/ XMETAL?   1 Answer
    • How much experience you have with RFP, RFI and proposal writing?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a challenging coworker?   1 Answer
    • Sales Manager asked typical questions printed of internet: Your greatest weakness, Strength, how to respond to a vague RFP, how to present a software with defects....   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The actual interview process was straight-forward and efficiently managed by internal HR. They did a good job of keeping me informed each step along the way. There were several rounds of interviews, both on the phone and in person, as one would expect for a senior marketing position. As this was a new position, I did find that there were varying expectations for the position and that, in some cases, those expectations were not completely realistic.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience working with the public sector?   1 Answer

Channel Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 meetings with a member of the management team. Process seemed very chaotic and unlike anything I have ever been through, very unlike the interview process at any other large professional organization.

Interview Questions

• What business relationships I was going to be able to bring into the organization to effect the central region.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America.

Interview

Was called in and met with 3 people. Spent 1/2 hour talking about my skillset. Came back for a 2nd interview and was asked to fix a router problem. Then introduced to rest of team. Was offered a letter within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• How to change router IP address and subnet mask for networking   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America.

Interview

Multiple phone screening sessions with mostly Human Resource personnel, followed by on site interviews with direct supervisor as well as multiple members of the technical staff and a cross of different functions within the organization that hold some measure of connection to my expected deliverables. Toured facility to get a feel for job expectations and observe equipment and methods in common use.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America in October 2014.

Interview

Great Hiring Process. Recruiter was very responsive and kept me up to abreast of each step. Very firm on offer. Overall experience was excellent. On-boarding process was good.

Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NEC Corporation of America.

Interview

initial was phone interview and then face to face. team of engineers and architects interviewed. then there was round with HR where salary negotiation took place.
    during interview they started with basics of OOPs and then moved to design patterns and their real time implementation.