NEC (Japan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NEC (Japan) Interview Questions

Interviews at NEC (Japan)

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Edison, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview from a researcher. We discussed about my previous research experience, my papers, and how I implemented the models in my papers. We also discussed about the project for the coming summer.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

Submitted resume online. Interviewed via phone. It was a group interview with all people in the research group. It was mainly about the details of the resume, the details of the previous projects and software tools and methods been used. Nothing tricky. I think they try to match the candidate's background to their own projects.

Interview Questions

• nothing, I think they just try to find a candidate with matched background.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

I have several interviews with them. Each of them is a group interview. The first interview was with some hiring employees and some of applicants. The last interview was with hiring managers and myself.

Interview Questions

• What I liked about the company, what I want to do after I am hired, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel interview multiple steps to the process met with director, and two other consultants on first visit. Second visit was with director and CEO of Americas and offer was made 1 week later.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Princeton, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I got several emails and a phone interview. I knew my supervisor in advance, so everything was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Not at all. My supervisor asked about my research experience in my resume.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

Two phone interviews, mostly about my research and technical skills

Research Intern Interview

Interview

Single phone interview, high level discussion of background and summer project goals.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Cupertino, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

5 to 6 one-on-one or two-on-one interviews.
    In addition, there was one hour job talk that introduces your work so far.
    It starts in the morning and ends at dinner.
    You may grab a lunch together.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your work/paper and related mathematical questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Usually, the ads is posted on CRA and has the same hiring cycle as major university tenure track positions. The ads will be posted around Oct to Dec. The interviews usually from Feb to Apr. Sometimes, they interview many people for one positions, but sometimes, 2-3 onsite interviews for one head count. The onsite interview has an one hour and half presentation. A little bit longer than universities (usually one hour)

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I got two interviews and I was accepted for the second one. The hiring process took two month and they give me a very short notice. I had only three months to be prepared for the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions are straightforward. The interviewer went over the job description and my resume and asked me related questions. Just be prepared for the items in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have n't done any negotiation. I think their offer for internship is not negotiable.