NEC (Japan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NEC (Japan) Interview Questions

Interviews at NEC (Japan)

2.9

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Panel interview multiple steps to the process met with director, and two other consultants on first visit. Second visit was with director and CEO of Americas and offer was made 1 week later.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Irving, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

Inept inside recruiting. Best to go through an agency, although they no longer use agencies. Get as much as you can going in the door, there is Zero chance for extra earnings, raises, and promotions

Interview Questions

• Comp expectations, (first interview)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a good call with an HR recruiter. The salary didn't meet my needs. This also would have been a farther commute to the office. I was told that I was a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Whether I would be willing to commute farther   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Princeton, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I got several emails and a phone interview. I knew my supervisor in advance, so everything was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Not at all. My supervisor asked about my research experience in my resume.   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

Two phone interviews, mostly about my research and technical skills

Research Intern Interview

Interview

Single phone interview, high level discussion of background and summer project goals.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Cupertino, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

5 to 6 one-on-one or two-on-one interviews.
    In addition, there was one hour job talk that introduces your work so far.
    It starts in the morning and ends at dinner.
    You may grab a lunch together.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your work/paper and related mathematical questions.   Answer Question

Interview

Usually, the ads is posted on CRA and has the same hiring cycle as major university tenure track positions. The ads will be posted around Oct to Dec. The interviews usually from Feb to Apr. Sometimes, they interview many people for one positions, but sometimes, 2-3 onsite interviews for one head count. The onsite interview has an one hour and half presentation. A little bit longer than universities (usually one hour)

Senior Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Irving, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Telephone; then one-on-one. The person was knowledgeable, but did not know what they were really looking for in terms of measurable skills. The person was not totally aware of companies financial challenges.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Sacramento, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The actual interview process was straight-forward and efficiently managed by internal HR. They did a good job of keeping me informed each step along the way. There were several rounds of interviews, both on the phone and in person, as one would expect for a senior marketing position. As this was a new position, I did find that there were varying expectations for the position and that, in some cases, those expectations were not completely realistic.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience working with the public sector?   1 Answer