NEC (Japan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NEC (Japan) Interview Questions

Interviews at NEC (Japan)

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

My first contact was through a personal friend who introduced me to the person who ultimately became my manager. The in-person interview was great. The second interview was by phone and I felt it did not go so well. That manager subsequently left the company, and the first manager turned out to be excellent. The Japanese culture is impersonal, and potentially "punitive" although the US-based managers provide a buffer from the japanese who approach to the American marketplace is aloof and sometimes comes off as arrogant.. but it could just be cultural.

Negotiation

There was limited negotiation. Personally, I've had limited experience negotiating terms. My biggest issue was vacation: 2 weeks at the start, and the company insisted which days were to be taken (in summer and around the holidays) as this was supposed to reduce the company's liability for banked vacation on the books, but this (clearly) does not apply to new hires.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I got two interviews and I was accepted for the second one. The hiring process took two month and they give me a very short notice. I had only three months to be prepared for the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions are straightforward. The interviewer went over the job description and my resume and asked me related questions. Just be prepared for the items in the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have n't done any negotiation. I think their offer for internship is not negotiable.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

first give the research talk and then interview with all researcher members in the group for the whole day. The researcher position is a very good position if you want to do pure research.

Interview Questions

• introduction about your own research and tell the most impact contribution of your research   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Interview

It's standard interview process for researchers in industrial research labs and academia. The interview lasts a full day: you come in to meet HR personnel first, and the higher management. Then you give a 1.5-hour presentation of your past research. After that you have lunch with members on the team and in the lab. You'll meet with team members one-by-one. They sometimes bring the candidate for dinner and call it a day.

Interview Questions

• During the job talk, be prepared to answer questions on any part on your slides. Don't just put something that looks good but you have little idea about.   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Rancho Cordova, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a Phone Interview with the Documentation Manager, two days later I had an in person interview with her, then another in person interview with the Sales Manager, came back to the documentation manager and had a team interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with DITA/ XMETAL?   1 Answer
    • How much experience you have with RFP, RFI and proposal writing?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with a challenging coworker?   1 Answer
    • Sales Manager asked typical questions printed of internet: Your greatest weakness, Strength, how to respond to a vague RFP, how to present a software with defects....   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Lincolnshire, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone and in person interviews with engineering and marketing.

Low Salary

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Irving, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

One telephone screening interview with HR. Interviewer was in a hurry and seemed only interested in my expected salary. Two former employees I spoke with warned me that salaries there are below the industry average and that they have fewer employees so everyone is stretched.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Irving, TX).

Interview

I had initial phone interviews with internal recruiter, follow phone and in-person interviews with peers and managers. Final interviews where in-person 5 separate interviews with senior management at head quarters. Finished up with dinner with key team members for additional peer questions and interviews

Summer Research Interview

Interview

Emailed a cover letter and resume to fellow alum regarding posted position, and was contacted a few days later by HR to set-up an initial phone interview with them. Had an initial screening interview with HR who then indicated they would schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview, HR invited me to the campus for an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How I would go about deriving the number of cars in California without looking it up on the Web. Obviously, this was an attempt to get some insight into my problem solving/analytical skills   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

The researcher directly contacted me and make an appointment for a potential interview. The interview lasts about half an hour. I introduced my research for about half of the time. The interviewee then talked about potential future projects, and asked questions and future plans for the projects.

About a week after the interview, HR contacted me to discuss the details of my schedule, and issued an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• All questions are directly related to each individual's research background.   Answer Question