NEC (Japan) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NEC (Japan) Interview Questions

Interviews at NEC (Japan)

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in March 2014.

Interview

All whom I know (including myself) got a phone call from a researcher with whom you have a potential fit. Questions are mostly related to your area of expertise with a small number of general topics remotely related to your area (for example, my area is time series data mining, and I was asked several basic question on general Data Mining / Machine Learning techniques). Be prepared clearly explain what you are doing in your PhD research or have done in past projects. The interviewer most likely knows quite a lot in your area, so it is going to be a nice, detailed discussion about topics of your interest.

Interview Questions

• My research experience; general classification and clustering algorithms.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Short and to the point, very professional. Assessed me as a candidate and my skillset. Was very informative about the role and expectations. The relay from recruiter to hiring manager was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your technical background   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

Good planning (note that by that time NEC Portugal was working with NT UK)

Interview Questions

• I didn't experience any Difficult or Unexpected Question   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2013.

Interview

Face to Face interview asked about Spring framework / Hibernate . Basics on how to setup environment . Then a few questions on session management and how to handle session in Spring framework .
    Difference between Bag and set ,Lazy initialization advantages in hibernate .Later on they asked about source control which tools i had used .
    Defect tracking tools . Flexibility of working hours and willingness to work on late night shifts

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed by 7 people. Nice environment.

Interview Questions

• Maximum memory you should allocate for tic tac toe game 3x3 and how would you find the state of a single cell at the given time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Tokyo (Japan)) in May 2008.

Interview

apply online, if a university student get a recommendation letter from the school to improve chances of getting hired. interview 3 times. 1st interview was when we took logical, mathematical, general knowledge tests in Japanese. 2nd interview was with the team manager. 3rd interview was with the top management. Usually apply 1 year before hiring.

Interview Questions

• All was in Japanese so it was quite difficult to understand.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview - I got it through my professor in the university that has worked with them in the past by another students and some projects. They gave me a call which took about 40 minutes and involved general technical questions. Kind of "Do you know this technology?"

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in January 2019.

Interview

The hiring manager is nice. Introduced (and polished) a lot of projects the company is working on and also the team’s working style. The team manager looks very busy and don’t want to see a candidate. From the overall impression what they want is a slave, that’s all.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and all about the working experience   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Please be ready and prepared for questions from skills written in your resume. Make sure that you know and understand the basics of each skills, and even past subjects you have taken. Also be ready for logical questions.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Santiago (Chile)) in March 2011.

Interview

3 meetings with staff and CEO
    Fast track decision