NEC (Japan) Software Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Design Engineer

NEC (Japan) Software Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at NEC (Japan)

3.3

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Taguig (Philippines)) in May 2011.

Interview

Took an exam on a job fair, got called for a technical interview.
Before the interview, a diagnostic exam needs to be taken, then the technical interview will follow. The exam contains questions on programming and software engineering concepts.

Nest, Technical interview was to check the know-how on basic programming.

After passing the technical interview, a final interview will be scheduled, which is an HR interview with the compensation package

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NEC (Japan)

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Cebu City (Philippines)).

Interview

First is an IQ exam. If you pass the IQ test, you will have an interview with an HR representative and a Software Design Engineer Supervisor. Once you pass that interview, you will be given a lab exercise exam to guage your skills. After that you will be scheduled for an interview with the HR head and 1 Senior Manager, and 1 Director

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute in promoting Software Quality?   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in October 2014.

Interview

They have pleasing personality with great hospitality. They would introduce the company first and give out the exam. It would take 3 hours for the exam. If you pass you will then have a Technical interview which consists of questions that are related to the job you are applying for. If you pass that then there is this Final Interview.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taguig (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Taguig (Philippines)) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied through a web site that caters to job applications. The process took a few days. They started with a diagnostic exam composed of three parts. The first part involves reasoning, vocabulary and an IQ test part. The second part of the exam is more comprehensive with 5 to 6 sub-parts pertaining to abstract reasoning, vocabulary, flowcharting and process flow, arithmetic ability and problem solving ability. The third part of the exam is the computer programmer exam, where it is composed of different questions regarding conversion of radices, software engineering and OOP. You will also be asked to create an algorithm for a certain basic problem (Such as reversing a string without using a temporary array). Ironically, the easiest for me was the third part of the exam and a fresh graduate can easily answer it, while the first two parts, for me was unnecessary and pointless.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in February 2017.

Interview

Two major steps:
    1. Diagnostic Exam - Grammar, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Analysis, Flowcharts, Vocabulary, Mathematics
    If you pass (1), you will proceed to (2) Technical interview, explaining technical terms e.g data structures, then you are given a problem and you solve and code it in the white board, you will be ask about it. Last is about future employment and your general experience.

Interview Questions

• Where can you use stack in your program?
      What data structures did you use in your programs?

Programming Question:
      1 Construct a class structure of a basketball team. ( of course using OOP concepts )   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philippine (Philippines)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (Philippine (Philippines)) in March 2016.

Interview

They visited our university for a pre-employment exam for graduating students. Then they will send a text message and email if ever you pass the exam inviting you for a technical interview.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Three steps.
    First was exams, this includes logic and programming questions
    Second was HR and Technical Interview, the technical interview was focused on Data Structures
    Third was the Head of HR and Senior/Manager.