NEC (Japan) Summer Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NEC (Japan) Summer Research Interview Questions

Interviews at NEC (Japan)

Summer Research Interview

Interview

Emailed a cover letter and resume to fellow alum regarding posted position, and was contacted a few days later by HR to set-up an initial phone interview with them. Had an initial screening interview with HR who then indicated they would schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview, HR invited me to the campus for an in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How I would go about deriving the number of cars in California without looking it up on the Web. Obviously, this was an attempt to get some insight into my problem solving/analytical skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for NEC (Japan)

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NEC (Japan).

Interview

The researcher directly contacted me and make an appointment for a potential interview. The interview lasts about half an hour. I introduced my research for about half of the time. The interviewee then talked about potential future projects, and asked questions and future plans for the projects.

About a week after the interview, HR contacted me to discuss the details of my schedule, and issued an offer afterwards.

Interview Questions

• All questions are directly related to each individual's research background.   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEC (Japan) in March 2015.

Interview

The researcher discussed with me about my recent publications and project. They also introduced their research projects. It seems they are quite interested in PhD students with research background matches their projects. And they are also willing to build long-term collaborations with interns. The group in NEC Labs are paper oriented, the projects are all targeting on submitting to top-tier conferences and journals.