NELSON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NELSON Interview Questions

2.0

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NELSON in March 2016.

Interview

I had numerous proactive email communications from an HR coordinator, followed by a great phone interview with three folks and then a really positive in person interview at their office. I left the interview feeling really great about joining their team! They had stated they were going to quickly make their hiring decisions due to a new contract they acquired and heavy workload.
    I was even called the next day by upper management stating they were "working on an offer" but that my salary request, I was told, was higher than they were expecting to pay. I was surprised at this because my recent salary was listed on my Nelson application. Even so, I stated that I would be willing to consider their offer anyway, not knowing what the offer might be. I was told during that call to await an email offer from the corporate office.

So after not hearing from them the following week, I reached out to that same HR coordinator who stated that I was still being considered for the position. After a second week of "radio silence" passing without any communication from Nelson I reached out via email to the folks who interviewed me in person. I have not received any follow up as of this writing whatsoever.

Based on the great response to my qualifications and interviews as well as their seemingly genuine excitement to have me join Nelson, I was caught off guard at the complete and total ignoring of me.
    Perhaps this is "just how it goes" and being a job candidate is just tough.
    That said, after reading their website touting how great it is to work there and how they value their "teammates", as well as the great communication I enjoyed with them at first, this was very unexpected and disappointing.

It would have been a professional move on their part to send me a follow up email from Nelson stating that they decided not to hire me instead of not communicating at all.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about skills and experience. No trick questions at all. Nice interviews. I was really excited after meeting the team.   Answer Question

Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NELSON (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Stage 1 : Phone interview with HR
    Stage 2 : Face to Face interview

I was asked pretty questions regarding my current experience.
    Unlike other candidates on glassdoor, I did not had any group discussion.

I was asked to give my feedback regarding the interview to the HR.
    I did not hear anything back after the interview so I think it went really bad.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions regarding experience.
      Nothing too technical.
      Answer Question

GBS Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NELSON (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter on a seminar, then got a chance to have a phone interview with him. After about a week, an HR person contact me to schedule me for an onsite interview.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NELSON (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone screen interview with a member of the Human Resources team. This was followed by an in person interview with the Marketing Director and a Senior Marketing Coordinator. The interview was very conversational and low key, which was nice. The Director tried to keep things light.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I dealt with working effectively with people remotely.   Answer Question