NERA Economic Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 161 of over 161 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NERA Economic Consulting

NERA Economic Consulting

Application

I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting

Interview

Easy and enjoyable and the person was pleasantly impressive and very kind. I recommend employee interviews and meeting the team to see if you are a fit. Otherwise great company it seems. Salary is a little lot

Interview Questions
  • Goals for your futures. What is your asset
    1 Answer

NERA Economic Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting in Apr 2021

Interview

Two rounds: First was behavioral with some basic economic questions, and talked about why economic consulting and why this firm in particular. Second round was more case heavy with behavioral sprinkled in.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me what's your biggest strength and weakness when working with data?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

First round economics mcq exam which covered some frequently seen undergrad questions, followed up by interview with hr, case study interview with members of the team, and a stata exam. Final interview was with the director which mainly covered motivation.

Interview Questions
  • supermarket A wants to merge with supermarket B - what would you want to look at as a comeptition authority, in deciding whether this merger should be investigated?

NERA Economic Consulting

Application

I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting

Interview

The process had two rounds, one one-on-one, then a super day with behavioral and technical questions and a case. Nothing too hard, but they never got back to me with a reply. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

NERA Economic Consulting

Application

I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting

Interview

I met with two former Associates with Nera who were now higher up in the company. There were mostly background questions, "Why Nera," "Why Economic Consulting," etc. We went through some classic resume questions and they allowed time to ask about the company and the worst itself. Steer away from too specific of questions, in my experience they simply cited confidentiality and were more comfortable answering more general things.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NERA Economic Consulting

Application

I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting

Interview

I got a quick 30 minute first-round interview, and then a request for transcripts and letters of recommendation. I then had a second-round interview, which lasted for 2.5 hours, 30 minutes with 5 individual interviewers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where you had to communicate difficult news to a superior.

NERA Economic Consulting

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting in Nov 2020

Interview

First round: 1 hr for a written test, the test was about some basic economic questions. Then followed with 30mins behavioral interview questions with hr. Only did the first round, not hearing back from the company yet.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

Four-staged. First stage was a brief phone chat with the HR manager. Second stage was a 20-question test on logic, econ and stats. Third stage was the case study. The fourth should have been with the directors.

Interview Questions
  • We discussed two types of case studies: one focusing on competition economics, the other one focusing on econometrics. The latter simply consisted in explaining the concepts of biasedness and consistency. In the former they asked me about natural monopolies, price discrimination and collusion.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (Washington, DC) in Nov 2020

Interview

Three rounds—first with an associate analyst (screening over zoom, very casual questions about interests and background). Then letters of recommendation and a writing sample were requested, as well as my preferences for location and practice area. Second round interview with two associate analysts at the practice I was applying to. The third round was six thirty-minute interviews in one day, a week later. No case questions, all behavioral or background-based, but this definitely varies dramatically by office and practice area. Everyone was very nice and encouraging.

Interview Questions
  • Explain your thesis/past economic research experience in detail. Do you think the results you estimated might be biased? Why?
  • Explain an economic concept of your choice in easy-to-understand language.
  • There are certain elements missing from your resume that are typically there for candidates we hire. Can you explain?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and then a super day of 5 interviews with people of various levels of seniority. The interviews were fairly straightforward with a combination of behavioral and semi-technical questions. There was no case question. The most frustrating part was that after going through all of those interviews they never got back to me with a yes/no answer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 161 Interviews