NERA Economic Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NERA Economic Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First round video interview, second round office visit with five 30-minute interviews. The video interview was basic behavioral questions and a chance to ask questions about NERA. The second round consists of two behavioral interviews, two 'case' interviews and one spreadsheet exercise. The office visit was followed by lunch with two analysts and other candidates in a restaurant nearby.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through university recruiting website. I had a video interview for 30 minutes. An interviewer questions were reasonable. Even I didn't proceed to next step it was positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• describe your previous research works   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interviews.
    I interviewed at the New York office with five interviewers. Like other posts on Glassdoor, my five interviews consist of behavioral, case and excel questions. Interviewers seem to be unprepared and read my resume and cover letter on the spot. There is no technical questions.
    If HR decide to give an offer, they usually call within a couple hours.
    They seem to care more about fit and personalities rather than technical background.

Interview Questions

• Why NERA?
      Detailed questions about past research experience   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewers were very interested in the candidate's statistical skills. They also asked about the motivation for working in economic consulting. The final round was five back-to-back interviews at their New York office. One of them was resume based, and others tested on how fast the candidate could respond to real-world economic problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of your research experiences using Excel or Stata.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting.

Interview

On campus interview followed by lengthy interview day in NYC. The questions ranged from fit to fairly simple probability and interpretation and analysis of the results of a few regressions.

Interview Questions

• If the NYC government placed a limit on the height of buildings in Manhattan, what would be the effects?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting in March 2016.

Interview

Email scheduling for an initial phone screening. Friendly interview, mostly getting to know you with a focus on research experience. The interviewer was cruising through the process until we began to speak about my thesis research. We spoke at length about modeling, and he even provided some insights with coding.

Interview Questions

• General "fit" questions. Success/Failures. Describe a research project.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (White Plains, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, one round phone interview with a Consultant. 30 min standard behavioral questions. Asked a lot about my quantitative backgrounds, including my economic research project. Went into details of my model.

Research Associate Interview

Interview

After the application, I was contacted promptly (within a week) to set up a phone interview since I was out of the area. For the most part it was a basic behavioral interview, the interviewer was friendly and put me at ease by asking friendly, conversational questions and slowly getting into my resume and work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (White Plains, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

5 1:1 interviews, 1 senior consultant, 2 consultant, 2 associates. People were nice in general, but they focus on minor points. They not only care about your past data experience, but also your overall personality and your writing abilities. Please be ready to answer any questions that may come up about qualitative, quantitative research experience. The overall experience was positive, no tricky questions, but I guess no offer for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why NERA? 2. What is your senior thesis, and explain in detail where you gathered data, how you analyzed your data and what is the outcome? 3. What are some relevant experience you had over qualitative research? 4. What would be a negative word that your friends would say about you? 5. What do you look for after you graduate? 6. What will you do in 5 years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NERA Economic Consulting (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Got in touch with a contact through professor, had a phone interview with that team member, then spoke to a consultant for the final round. It was extremely easy. All the team members are nice and are just looking for people who are genuinely interested in Economic Consulting.