NEXON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NEXON Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON.

Interview

Translation test and an interview session with a series of interviews with the team members (Managers and copy editors). They questioned the skills, personality, job perspective, and whether or not you were enthusiastic about the job. Afterward, the recruiters from the HR discussed the details regarding the perspective employment. (Start date, perks, expected salary, etc)

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about the translation test and the reasoning behind my answers.   1 Answer
    • They asked me my weakness.   1 Answer
    • They asked me what I would do if they wiped all of my work and made a copy editor re-do them.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON in March 2017.

Interview

Submit an application on the website.
    Was contacted by the awesome recruiter and asked to talk on the phone.
    Brief phone interview, very standard questions about myself. Mostly culture fit questions.
    Completed an editing/writing test.
    Was asked to do a Skype interview with the team where we went over my test.
    A few days later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Q: What games have you worked on in the past? What's your favorite game?
      Standard editing questions. Standard game industry questions.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very structured, the HR person was very organized and friendly. A standard phone screening followed by an invitation to meet with a Manager and 3 Staff members. Overall it was very well planned and prepared.

Interview Questions

• General questions on work style, technical knowledge, and background. Nothing really stood out, it was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Publishing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The interview process (for me) was unprofessional and disorganized at best. The people I spoke with, and met, were all very nice and professional in-person. However; getting them to respond to general inquiries or even getting an answer about the job status is nearly impossible.

I understand that the candidate they are most interested in will get the most amount of responses/attention, but that doesn't mean that the company should abandon professional protocol. This is especially true when the candidates travel to an on-site interview. It's common courtesy on both sides to send, at the least, a quick note detailing a job status update.

Other than that negative outlook, the interview process was pretty standard. Phone screening first, then an on-site interview. The on-site interview determines whether or not you got the job. The questions were mostly of my background/resume, and less about "Tell us your greatest weakness." Though, this may change based on who is interviewing you.

Hope this helps to the fellow Glassdoor readers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about your video game background.
      2. What is the size of the company you are working in?
      3. What events are currently running on our titles?   Answer Question

Executive Director of Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a good experience from bottom to top. Recruiter was informative and responsive. They were transparent about the position, expectations, concerns with my candidacy, and perceived strengths and weaknesses.

Game Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I heard from the recruiter (who was very pleasant) a week or so after submitting my resume. I made it past that hurtle and set up a call with the hiring manager. She was rude, hostile and I think even laughed AT me once or twice. She didn't seem to feel I was qualified even thought I am but knowing that I would be working with her every day made the decision for me.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEXON (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. My interviewers were professional and polite. Everything ran on time. No pressure was felt in the slightest. They had very good question for me prepared. They were very knowledgeable about QA standard practices, procedures, and methodologies.

Interview Questions

• They asked about host file testing and other web QA SOP's.   1 Answer

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (Emeryville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen and in-person interviews
    Overall poor experience as it was disorganized from the start to finish. Interview was delayed and scheduling was not very timely. No receptionist so you need to contact ahead of time to make sure you get received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very challenging, very standard interview process   Answer Question

- Interview

Interview

there's no process, just an interview. HHRR department does its job but the hiring manager did not know the real need of the opening.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site. Most of the interviewers have difficulty speaking english, so it'll be a slow and frustrating time. The recruiter could get back to you within a week or a month, depending on how much they like you.