NEXON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very structured, the HR person was very organized and friendly. A standard phone screening followed by an invitation to meet with a Manager and 3 Staff members. Overall it was very well planned and prepared.

Interview Questions

• General questions on work style, technical knowledge, and background. Nothing really stood out, it was all pretty standard.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

After submitting an online application, I received a call from HR who discussed the basics of the position and asked me more about myself. They said they would call me back if they wanted an interview, which they did. I met with HR first and then met with the Mgr of the Dpt that I would be interning for. Interview lasted about 30 mins and was contacted shortly after to intern. Overall the intern experience was good and I met a lot of cool people. The work environment is very laid back and there were many perks to the job.

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NEXON (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Company recruiter reached out to me with the job description.
    1. Interview over the phone with the recruiter
    2. Interview over the phone with the network managers
    3. In person interview with 4 production directors
    4. Skype interview with network managers

On on site interview I found out the position is a management position for the Irvine office while the management experience was not anywhere in the job description.
    Maybe they wanted to hire someone with a non-manager title in order to not to pay higher and put management task on the new hire.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any management experience?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

After applying on Indeed.com I was contacted via email by the recruiter. I emailed her back and she conducted an interview over the phone. After the interview over the phone I was asked to interview in person where I met with 3 people and it lasted about an hour. The interview process was fairly easy, basic questions were asked and they explained the job and company in great detail. They asked about my work history, my goals, my strengths and what motivates me. They want to see if you fit well in with the culture of Nexon, which I did! I was offered the job the next day. I am so happy I was contacted by the recruiters, I've enjoyed working here ever since I got the first email.

Interview Questions

Interview

- Does a leader need power or authority? How do you influence people?
    - How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
    - What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
    - How do you think you can make a contribution to Riot Games?
    - Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
    - How did you handle meeting a tight deadline?
    - What is the difference between a good position and an excellent one?

Interview Questions

• - Does a leader need power or authority? How do you influence people?
      - How open-minded are you to other members ideas?
      - What's the best movie you've seen in the last year?
      - How do you think you can make a contribution to Riot Games?
      - Do you prefer to work independently or on a team?
      - How did you handle meeting a tight deadline?
      - What is the difference between a good position and an excellent one?   Answer Question

Technical Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (Emeryville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen and in-person interviews
    Overall poor experience as it was disorganized from the start to finish. Interview was delayed and scheduling was not very timely. No receptionist so you need to contact ahead of time to make sure you get received.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very challenging, very standard interview process   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON (El Segundo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

I had one phone screen with a recruiter and an in-person with the Sr. UX Designer, the Creative Lead and the Director of the Creative Department. I spent 20 minutes going over my portfolio and answered a few questions about work style etc. The whole thing took a little over an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you know your design is good?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was called back in 2 days and offered the job and negotiated my salary up $5K because I was thinking of accepting another offer.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NEXON.

Interview

A recruiter at Nexon reached out to me. The interview included a written proficiency test (relatively basic, with some creative elements), a video game proficiency test that tested your ability to understand the mechanics of creating a game (out of my realm of my knowledge but I made it through) and an in-person interview with two of the people in the content department.

Interview Questions

• why would you be passionate about creating content for nexon   Answer Question

I had already received another job offer

QA Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NEXON.

Interview

Was asked a series of questions ranging from old job to why I was interested in working at Nexon. I don't think any question was too tough or really had to be thought about to be answered. It was fairly informal and quick.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a certain scenario but since this was my first time in the industry, I could not really give an answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much... They just tell you what you are going to make and they tell you what to expect and answer all your questions.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NEXON (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. My interviewers were professional and polite. Everything ran on time. No pressure was felt in the slightest. They had very good question for me prepared. They were very knowledgeable about QA standard practices, procedures, and methodologies.

Interview Questions

• They asked about host file testing and other web QA SOP's.   1 Answer