NFM Lending Human Resources Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NFM Lending

1 Interview Review

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NFM Lending (Linthicum, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

I was originally contacted by, Bernadette Pearson, the HR Director at NFM, via Linkedin message. I responded to the Linkedin message immediately and Bernadette got back with me right away to set up a phone interview. I had a very nice phone interview with Bernadette and she was able to fully describe the position to me, answer all my questions, and elaborate on the company culture of NFM. She told me NFM’s company culture was more like a family than anything, (I have to say when I started at NFM I felt very welcomed). At the end of my phone interview we set up a date for an in-person interview in the office.
         When I got to the office I was greeted by the receptionist and was offered beverages. I had a very nice conversation with the receptionist while I waited for my interview. While I was sitting in the lobby it was nice that every time someone walked by they said hello and asked if I have been helped or if they could get me anything. Everyone seemed so friendly, and I have to say now that I am working here, it is true, everyone is always so friendly! I never pass a person in the office that doesn’t stop to say hello or make sure I am enjoying my transition to the NFM team.
              My interviewers consisted of Bernadette and two other women in HR: Rachel and Sandy. They all asked me multiple questions and spent time to actually get to know me in the interview and go into more detail about the position. They could not have been nicer answering all my questions throughout the interview. After we were all done interviewing, Bernadette personally gave me a tour of the whole office and showed me where I would be sitting if I got the position. She was able to give me the full picture of what my job would be like, which was really nice.
    I have to say one of the best parts about working here is that everyone seems to really care about you. The President of the company, Jan Ozga, walks around the office multiple times a day just to say hello and make sure everyone is doing alright. He knows all the employees not only by name, but takes the time to have conversations with all of the employees and compliment them on their work to make them feel important and valuable to the company. It’s awesome the President takes time out of his busy day to show his employees this type of appreciation and get to know them. My manager Bernadette has an open door policy and is always there to give me feedback on my work, and take the time to personally train me. She has also done a great job making me feel welcome and checking on me, asking me how I am doing and taking time to answer all my questions. It’s not every day you find a manager that is so hands on with their employees. Also, my desk is right by a bunch of the executive’s offices and they never hesitate to come out and check on employees as well and make sure they are having a good day. Even my coworkers that sit around me always check on me to make sure I am doing alright, and they are always willing to stop what they are doing and help me when needed.
                        I was told before I started working at NFM that it was ranked one of the top places to work, and now I know it’s a great place to work. I am very happy with my transition here at NFM.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward and standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me exactly what I asked for on my application.

NFM Lending Response

Jul 8, 2014 – HR Director

We are so happy that you are part of our HR team and the NFM Family! Its the employees that make NFM one of the top workplaces! Thank you for choosing us!