NHS Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NHS Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

1:1 interview with 2 employees on the panel. It lasted 1 hour. I was asked standard competency based questions: strengths, weaknesses, what motivates you, example of multitasking skills, example of leadership, working with others, do you work well under pressure, give an example of a time when you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision, tell me about a time when you had to adapt to a difficult situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with a difficult stakeholder   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NHS

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Bath, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had to type a voice note from a doctor, previously recorded. this was to test my typing speed for audio transcribing. Then, two people asked me questions about past experience and the role on offer

Interview Questions

• How I'd deal w a difficult patient or member of their family - what I would do to calm them down, and what I'd do if they remained angry for a prolonged time. Why I'm applying, effectively "Why the NHS?". What approach would I take towards patients' data. They left this vague to see if I knew about data protection.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Good, friendly, lots of hyperthetical situation questions rather than asking about experience or person, 3 interviewers lasted about 30mins and included a pen audio typing and ms word test

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry person, how would you accommodate a disabled person   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Process took just under 2 weeks. I applied online, had an interview 1 week after the closing date. Negative interview experience, they were not friendly or encouraging. Asked a total of 10 questions, 5 from each panel member.

Interview Questions

• All questions were scenarios. I.e. What would you do if a consultant called in sick 30 minutes before the first appointment.

How would you handle working at no permanent desk?

How would you deal with an angry patient.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rhondda, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Rhondda, Wales (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Panel of 2 members. 1 of which was Direct Reporting Manager and another senior members the team.
    Job specific questions asked first to establish your thought process and background knowledge in that field and then more structured questions - Can you give me and example of a time when..... Tell me how.....
    Quite relaxed atmosphere.
    Checklist to run through regarding recruitment and next steps
    Interview held on a Friday and decision made Monday.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest achievement in your working career and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult/ awkward client   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Accrington, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS (Accrington, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

15 minute interview, job offer was received verbally. 1 week later I received my conditional offer in writing. I then had to complete a DBS check and attend an ID verification meeting.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockport, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Stockport, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and received a reply within one week of closing date, interview included typing test. Panel of 2 senior staff who were really friendly, asking competency questions which are relevant to the role.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the role   Answer Question
    • Questions relevant to the role description, how do you organise, competency related questions   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Nottingham, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online on website had an interview within the week of applying. Was very formal like a court panel firing questions at me. Took 30 mins seemed ok not the best Interview but ok.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had one interview. There were two interviewers, both very nice. There was a mix of competency based questions and scenario questions where I was asked how I would react.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston-super-Mare, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Weston-super-Mare, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

A very highly structured panel interview three people. all have different structure of questions to answer. They are all from different roles with in the department you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• they ranged from how would you deal with an upset patient to an annoyed patient and answering telephone ie how long can you let the phone ring whilst dealing with a patient face to face. also the private and confidential question is a key to getting the role you have to understand how and why they do this.   2 Answers