NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Senior Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Then out of no where, i got a letter by post to go for face to face panel interview at Glasgow. No interview travel expense paid. Aggressive style of interview. Not enough information about the job or work place. The things they do is to make prototype model of a medical device, (they do that through public money) and they sell the technology to commercial company, who then take over from there. They did not mention this anywhere in their website or in Job application, which i think is dishonest of them. The manager and the panel apart from one member was very keen to test memory rather than test of intelligence. The interview was mainly technical and very aggressive. It was typical like this, tell me what is the definition of this technology? what is the frequency? etc. Which shows the calibre of panel and how they intend to take somebody in their team. They look bored and lazy. I guessed that they might have decided on another candidate. I felt that it was a waste of time for both of us. They did not even tell me when they would let me know, and what would be the next stage of their process. They are not that keen and passionate unlike other employers in the market. I did not get to see what they are making and for example if it would be a interesting place for me to work. After 5 days i got a rejection letter by post and no feedback was given in the letter. Very Poor experience from NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde. They should have done a phone interview, rather than a direct panel interview, which is a waste of time. I would not advise anybody to waste their time.

Interview Questions

• Tell what is a micro controller? What is the sampling rate of ADC?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Three females that seemed quite unhappy to even be taking the interview. They did not seem interested in anything that the other said spoke over themselves asked questions that didnt really seem to have a sensible or logical answer, ive had interviews with the nhs before having worked with them for 14 or 15 years and have never had an interview were they seemed so disinterested in the actual candidate or what she had to say they seemed annoyed to the point that they had to demean themselves by having to interview I felt that it was a waste of time from start to finish. They also over ran the time of the interview which you understand in this type of situation but to not even comment on how late they over ran and to then sit and be so disinterested was a complete waste of my time that had this been a first interview with the nhs I would not want to work within the service.

Interview Questions

• How can you tell if a collegue is happy.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online via NHS own web portal and never heard back regarding interview for 3 weeks. The interview was relatively basic, only around 6 or 7 questions then some basic chit chat. No questions really stood out for me as being difficult or out of the ordinary for office interviews. It was only 2 managers interviewing me and the interview was pretty laid back.

I was told I would hear back within 3 days - This turned into 2 weeks! Which I thought was very unprofessional. It was obvious my interview wasn't successful but its common courtesy to inform candidates that have taken the time to attend an interview. NHS didn't even contact me first, I had to contact them for an answer which was pretty poor!

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time when you have prioritised your workload and what steps you take to ensure you get tasks completed on time?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde in March 2010.

Interview

telephone from company then phone interview

Interview Questions

• where can you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • what are you strenghs and weakness   1 Answer