NHS Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Ok. It was fine, I don't really know what else to tell you. I was not that bothered either way. Is this enough words?? Oh I don't think it is. There was running water, and lights. So many lights. It rained that day, and I had to get the bus. My socks were soaked through but I had to pretend they weren't. It was a pretty harrowing experience actually.

General Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process involved a range of online tests, including personality profiler, situational strengths test, and standard psychometric tests (numeric, verbal, spatial reasoning). This was then followed by a face-to-face interview with two NHS managers. The interview lasted 35 minutes and included a range of strength-based questions, based on elements of the NHS Leadership Model. The next - and final - stage if I am successful is an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the biggest challenge of working in the NHS as part of the Management Scheme?   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick, friendly, asked about previous experiences relating to the national health services and data entry. questions around how my database knowledge and experience with computers. First telephone interview asking simple questions followed by a face to face quick chat to talk about availability and start dates.

Specialist Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview process leaves a lot to be desired. It was quite hostile and I was not sure who really was showcasing their suitability/abilities to the lead consultants. The process leaves you quite shaken. This can leave less experienced candidates very fragile. In short, cruel to leave in panel feeling superior about their standing. This was

Interview Questions

• Clinical insight questions, case review with progressing scenarios.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation this is the NHS! They lower your band (aka pay) until you source proof of your previous banding and leave entitlements. No transparency or help.

Programmer Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was put forward by a recruitment agency for a role the hiring manager had been trying to fill for a while. It was a formal competency based interview. Panel seemed nice. Interview lasted around 45 minutes. Was able to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      What are you most proud of that you've accomplished?
      What do you understand about RAID?
      Tell us about a time you had to handle a change request?
      Answer Question

Procurement Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Procurement, Purchasing.
    Was interviewed by the Procurement Manager .
    The entire process took about forty five minutes.
    He asked me about my experience in Procurement so far and after that the Manager explained that there was an awful lot of work to do in this position and that there were many deadlines to meet.
    I then talked about how I enjoy that kind of challenge an after this it became clear that I could be of good help fro this project and as such a position was offered to me.

Network Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very formal, with a panel of interviewer, quite relaxed in style but seemed to be very interested about what you thought you could bring to the team and irrelevant issues rather than asking questions which were relevant to the role.

Interview Questions

• /What issues of Networking had i encountered and how did i solve them   1 Answer

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying for the role online it was around four weeks before I heard back, I was then given a date which I couldn't do, but it was fairly easy to rearrange.

I was 10 mins early but was left for a further 15 mins (25 mins in total) before someone told me they were running behind and would be another 15 mins.

The interview was actually a pleasant experience the panel were engaging and friendly, after I left the interview I was escorted out by one of the panel who told me that I had done really well and that candidates would be called at the end of the day (Friday) or Monday. I left feeling very positive about the whole experience.

I did not receive a call on Friday or Monday and I knew at this point that I had not got the job, on Tuesday afternoon I received a generic email from HR informing that I had not got the position.

I suspect that the position went to an internal applicant as I have been told by someone who used to work in NHS recruitment that the NHS will often run the whole process of recruitment despite already having an internal candidate in mind. Then again it may have been that my skills just didn't fit the bill or I interviewed badly.

My overall experience was a little bit negative partly because I felt that application process was slow but mainly because I believe that if someone has taken the time to come in for an interview the least you can do is call them to tell them they haven't got the job, perhaps with an explanation and some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision?   1 Answer

NHS Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The online tests seemed easy compared to more vigorous companies. The interview was a large group of interviewees attending at once. We were held in a room where we could talk to current members on the graduate programme. This was interesting but prevented interview preparation and note reading. Then I was taken to a room with two people for my interview. They seemed nice enough. One woman was quite hard to understand. We went straight into the interview questions without any introductory questions to make me feel more comfortable. They also did not give an opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Which of the components of the Health Care Leadership Model do you not agree with?   Answer Question

Assurance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

i was required to attend a 1 stage face to face interview with the Head of Department and another Senior Manger at the London office. Both managers were friendly and talked me through the process before we started.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions. Office based scenarios that exhibited stakeholder management skills, handling pressure and analyzing data.   Answer Question