NHS MLA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NHS MLA Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

MLA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS in August 2014.

Interview

Took about 1month to respond to initial application. Invited to assessment that consisted of a typing a lists of addresses from a sheet onto a word document. Also had to arrange various numbers in to lists of smallest to largest, and then carry out a competency test on patient samples, ensuring all the correct information was on the label for each sample. Overall this took 1 hour and was extremely easy.

the nextday I recieved a phone call to say I had had passed the assessment and was invited for an interview. This was more difficult with all the typical interview questions as well as some more related to the role such as how would I handle a particular situation.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you have developed a new skill out side of your academic studies and how you used this skill to resolve an issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NHS

MLA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Middlesbrough, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had to fill in the general NHS job application. Employment history, personal statement, etc. After the application I got interview date within 1 week. Once arrived at the interview I was shown around the lab, I noticed that the person showing me around was making notes such as: friendly, asks relevant questions (remember that if you are shown around the lab it is already part of your interview.) It was panel interview, chief biomedical scientist and senior biomedical scientist. They were both asking questions but interview didn't feel very formal. Made me feel relaxed so that was nice

Interview Questions

• Experience in lab.
      Experience using IT skills and data inputting.
      Describe the time that you made a mistake.
      What can you bring to our lab?
      What can you tell us about pathology?
      Team working experience   Answer Question

MLA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Guildford, England (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Team was very welcoming. Showed a tour of the department and met some employees. There was a task to test whether you had the skills for the job.

MLA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Derby, England (UK)).

Interview

Very short face to face interview - 15 mins, 3 people on panel.
    I was not offered a visit around the lab.
    All three panelists took it in turns to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What lab experience do you have?
      What motivates you?
      Situational questions - what will you do if there is a spill on the floor?   Answer Question

MLA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frimley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (Frimley, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was very comfortable, no pressure and the panel were very reassuring and very helpful when clearing up my areas of uncertainty with regards to the job description online. i applied online, was invited for an interview about a week later - i was interview a few days after the invitation and was offered the job the same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role the NHS play in the lives of the british public.   Answer Question
    • What core values of the NHS do you believe you possess and what examples can you provide to prove you have these core values.   1 Answer

MLA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was fairly quick I got there early, but still had to wait like 30 minutes until the interview, I was shown around the lab, then was interviewed; basic question tell me about yourself, why do you want the job, what my previous work was.