NHS Medical Receptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NHS Medical Receptionist Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

2.2

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nuneaton, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Nuneaton, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Saw and advertisement in a pharmacy window and applied with my cv via e-mail to the practice manager. Within 2 weeks I received a phone call inviting me for an interview.(I applied on the last day of the closing date listed)
Interview process was very simple and friendly. I was interviewed with very standard personality and competency based questions. There was also a filing test and a telephone test thrown in too.
Two weeks later I received an email inviting me for a 2nd interview, this time with one of the partner doctors at the surgery. This second interview was very relaxed and pretty much just a meet and greet with the doctor. Offered job that same afternoon.

Interview Questions

• If there was a long queue at the desk, phone ringing, and a doctor wanting to speak to you, which order would you prioritise them?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for NHS

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Hereford, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call 3 weeks later on a Monday to come in and interview on the Thursday. Arrived at the interview and was given the list of questions I would be asked and around 10 minutes to prepare which was nice. Along with questions there was also a little role play of a phone call which was very easy and nowhere near as bad as it sounds!

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for this role?   1 Answer
    • Recall a time where you have organised an event or trip - How do you think this relates to this role?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time where you have dealt with an upset or angry person - how did you diffuse the situation?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think a person may appear to be frustrated or angry/aggressive?   1 Answer

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NHS (Blackburn, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Firstly, I applied online with a cover letter and my upto date CV. I was then emailed back inviting me to an interview. You are called in to the interview and usually interviewed by 2 people. I dressed smart/business like. You are in the room for around 30 mins. My interview was on wednesday and I was contacted on the friday to be offered the role.

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NHS (Wigan, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very casual. Sent my CV on a Tuesday, received an email two hours later inviting me to interview on Friday morning. Was offered the job Friday afternoon. Interview was more of an informal chat. Only got asked two questions related to job.