NHS Nursing Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NHS Nursing Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

2.8

Nursing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

had to submit application online. Received an email to say I had passed the first stage and that I was invited to attend the hospital to do Maths and English test online, you had to get a minimum of 14 questions correct ( I believe it was) . You got told straight away if you had passed the maths and english test. Once passed they then gave me an interview date for the week later.

Interview Questions

• can you show a time when you have showed respect?   Answer Question
  • What would you do in the situation that patient is confused and refusing help?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NHS

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

competency interview then 16 statements based on job had to tick very much like me or a bit like me or not like me at all then asked questions based on my answers

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Liverpool, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I couldn't make the initial interview and was able to reschedule, they asked lots of relevant questions about the job and yourself. They were friendly and seemed they wanted what was the best option for me.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an update on my application via my NHS job site account a few days later inviting me to an assessment day where I had to complete a computer based literacy and numeracy test. Once completed (having scored the minimum requirement of 14/20 on both tests) I was booked in for my interview straight away to take place the following week.

Before the actual interview I was given a short questionnaire to fill out about my personal qualities and suitability for the role as well as a piece of paper to write down why I wanted to work as a Nursing Assistant. I was given fifteen minutes to do this before entering a separate interview room where I was interviewed by two people.

During the actual interview one person asked me some questions whilst the other write down my answers. The process was quite informal and the questions asked where fairly standard relating to my personal qualities and own experiences to demonstrate I would make a good Nursing Assistant. I was also asked to read out what I had written about why I wanted to become a Nursing Assistant.

After the interview I sat with a Nurse who asked for some ID, whether I wanted full or part time work and explained the working hours to me to ensure I was prepared to work the hours required. I then sat with someone from recruitment who went through my references to ensure they had all the details they would require to obtain them.

I received another update on my application on the NHS job site the next day informing me I had been successful.

Interview Questions

• Nursing Assistant's are required to be hard working, can you give me an example of when you have worked hard?   1 Answer
    • Can you give me an example of when you done the right thing? How did this make you feel?   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of when you have been caring? What was this like for you?   1 Answer
    • You are trying to help a patient who is confused and refusing help. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • You are helping a patient to the toilet when they fall on the floor. What would you do?   1 Answer