NHS Project Support Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NHS Project Support Officer Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

3.7

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Without filling detailed application form (incl. STRONG supporting statement) one can forget about being invited to the interview (talking from external candidate perspective without prior NHS experience). Received a text message about interview (1.5 days notice!, so if I was in employment it might have been difficult to accommodate) and replied to email to confirm my attendance. Was allocated time slot (the message said - first come first serve, so replied within 30 mins).
*Interview:
First part was a test:
a) read a page long document and summarise it in bullet points for briefing;
b) mixed dates and list of tasks (perhaps names too but don't remember) to be put in order for planning a project in NHS environment (it pays off to know average time scale for consulting with stakeholders etc. and know about NHS projects)
*Interview:
panel interview - 2 people, formal, answering questions while both were taking notes.

After the interview: I was not seen off to the door as a previous candidate was (I could see it from the reception while was waiting for my time slot) but shown where to go.

I received no answer regarding the outcome of the interview at all.
I also received no reply to my email asking for the feedback.

Interview Questions

• How did you track project progress? How do you prioritise? Organising and facilitating meetings?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NHS

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying for the role online it was around four weeks before I heard back, I was then given a date which I couldn't do, but it was fairly easy to rearrange.

I was 10 mins early but was left for a further 15 mins (25 mins in total) before someone told me they were running behind and would be another 15 mins.

The interview was actually a pleasant experience the panel were engaging and friendly, after I left the interview I was escorted out by one of the panel who told me that I had done really well and that candidates would be called at the end of the day (Friday) or Monday. I left feeling very positive about the whole experience.

I did not receive a call on Friday or Monday and I knew at this point that I had not got the job, on Tuesday afternoon I received a generic email from HR informing that I had not got the position.

I suspect that the position went to an internal applicant as I have been told by someone who used to work in NHS recruitment that the NHS will often run the whole process of recruitment despite already having an internal candidate in mind. Then again it may have been that my skills just didn't fit the bill or I interviewed badly.

My overall experience was a little bit negative partly because I felt that application process was slow but mainly because I believe that if someone has taken the time to come in for an interview the least you can do is call them to tell them they haven't got the job, perhaps with an explanation and some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time you had to make a difficult decision?   1 Answer

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (Stockton-on-Tees, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online via NHS website. Interview was competency based. Had job specific questions, relevant to the department. This was difficult to answer without having the experience of having worked in the nhs, or in this specific role. The feedback I received advised that my answers were not specific enough and did not demonstrate enough technical ability.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this role? Why would you like to work for NHS.   1 Answer