NHS Receptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NHS Receptionist Interview Questions

Interviews at NHS

2.5

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was formal, but friendly. I was asked lots of questions about my experience and given a lot of details about the work environment and the job. The interviewer seemed genuinely interested throughout the process and they also followed up with me very soon after the interview. Even though I didn't get the job, I felt confident that I could approach them again in the future.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a patient who is abusive?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NHS

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (York, England (UK)).

Interview

v quick and quite informal-felt like they had already made up there minds before I walked in! I felt the interview went really well and had answered all questions correctly however they rang me soon after and said I was unsuccessful which was really strange !

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS in January 2018.

Interview

Applied for position online through nhs website received Email confirmation within a few hours of interview date. Was told would be informed of outcome by end of week. Never heard anything after interview.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peebles, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Peebles, Scotland (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

All question based no tests. Review of CV, typical questions why do you want job, want examples of how you help and enjoy assisting customers/patients. Doctors surgery was practice manager and doctor. Relaxed atmosphere - emphasis you have worked in busy environment and can deal with all moods of public.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through NHS jobs closing date was 13/07 and was invited for an interview on 19/07. Was interviewed by two individuals who took turns in asking me questions. Interview lasted around 25 minutes and I was called back within 2 hours and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview   Answer Question
    • How would your colleagues describe you?   Answer Question
    • What does confidentially mean?   1 Answer
    • Are you flexible in the work place?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel working with individuals with a criminal history or mental health issues?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with an angry and distressed relative or member of the public?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Preston, North West England, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was seen by two members of staff, i was asked a range of questions about the receptionist role and also team work. I was not successful in the role as I lacked NHS experience, as the other candidates said slightly more than what I had.. I was advised t try go the bank route so found that tip very useful.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a patient who had not yet been collected and your shift was finishing.   1 Answer
    • How would you prioritise your work if a dr was tapping his fingers whilst you was on the phone and needed paperwork, a busy que and patients not happy, a customer phoning with a complaint and appointments left over from the day before. And explain why.   1 Answer