NHS Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trainee Clinical Physiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Initially, to fill out application form which includes listing qualifications, work history etc and include a personal statement, relating to why you are interested in the role and to expand on relevant experience/qualifications. Following on from that, a face to face interview with the head of the department and another member of staff. Interview is fairly relaxed, with basic interview questions, not needing STAR examples etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you deserve the job over other candidates; what are your strengths/weeaknesses; describe yourself to us; why do you want to work in this department/for the NHS; what is your understanding of the role?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tolworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Tolworth, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel of 2, quite intimidating. At times it felt like they don't want external candidates. Asked questions which were not required for the role. Overall interview was easy but the panel tried their best to put me off.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS.

Interview

Interview process was efficient and effective with a short time between applications closing, the interview and notification. Panel consisted of three people who alternated questions. Interview included a document review and some questions were based on this.

Medical Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hereford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Hereford, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call 3 weeks later on a Monday to come in and interview on the Thursday. Arrived at the interview and was given the list of questions I would be asked and around 10 minutes to prepare which was nice. Along with questions there was also a little role play of a phone call which was very easy and nowhere near as bad as it sounds!

Interview Questions

• Why have you applied for this role?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time where you have organised an event or trip - How do you think this relates to this role?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time where you have dealt with an upset or angry person - how did you diffuse the situation?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think a person may appear to be frustrated or angry/aggressive?   Answer Question

Information and Data Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Margate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Margate, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple, the first part involved a ten minute timed exercise on Microsoft Excel, after that I was led into another room with three panel members who each had set questions. These involved asking about your history, your competence and there were also scenario based questions.

I received a call the next day saying I wasn't successful due to another candidate having more experience but overall it was a positive experience and I received some great feedback.

Interview Questions

• A member of the team you are responsible for has had to take time off work at short notice. How do you manage the workload they are responsible for?

Another team member approaches you and asks you about the staff member's absence, wanting to know why they have taken time off. What do you tell them?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NHS (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through NHS jobs closing date was 13/07 and was invited for an interview on 19/07. Was interviewed by two individuals who took turns in asking me questions. Interview lasted around 25 minutes and I was called back within 2 hours and offered the job.

Research Governance Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

4 days after submitting an online application form I was invited to attend an interview. They gave only one week notice for the interview date which was fine for me but I could imagine that being problematic for someone in employment. I was asked to prepare a presentation
    which was to be sent to them by email the day before. On the day of the interview, I felt very welcome and they began by outlining its structure. The interview itself was about 30 minutes and had a variety of situational judgement and competency questions.

Interview Questions

• What does good clinical practice mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you consider important when working in a team?   Answer Question
    • Are there any specific training requirements that you feel you may require to succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

applied via recruitment agency. had telephone interview and two face to face interviews. not bad experience. walked through my cv and I was asked competency based questions based on my experience

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NHS (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

My CV and Cover letter was forwarded to the manager, I received a phone call within a few hours and agreed to an interview just two days from the call.

Interview Questions

• If a staff member called you and said they cannot access the network what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to do this placement?   1 Answer

Human Resources Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NHS (Norwich, England (UK)).

Interview

Competency/evidence based interview. There were a list of pre-defined interview questions and it was very formal. They appeared to be looking for evidence of how you would manage different scenarios. Two senior HR personnel interviewed me in a room.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would manage sickness absence.   1 Answer