NIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.8

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a one and a half hour phone call with two employees where they asked just about every question that some one with an RHCA could answer. This phone call was followed by a full day panel interview. Employees in the interview were constantly coming and going. The first 3 hours were normal questions about my work history and about me.

Then they brought out a laptop with a Linux VM on it. The VM was broken and I was expected to fix it. Then I was asked to open vi and start doing some editing to prove that I knew vi. At one point they asked me how to use the second buffer, I told them that I didn't know how to do it. At this point their Sr Tech proclaimed "I don't even use that."

MySQL was next and I was given a deployment DB to work with. They asked many questions about selecting data and joining tables. It was now about lunch time and every one got a sandwich. I only got to finish half of the sandwich as they kept asking me questions. At one point two of the employees started arguing over one of my answers, which I had already demonstrated to be correct on the MySQL DB they had me working on. After finishing their requests with the VM, I was then interviewed for three hours by three product managers about ITIL.

After this interview I thought I was going to be working with rock-stars, why else would they interview like they only hired rock-stars? This was not the case.

Interview Questions

• 1. They asked me practically every question about Linux that a seasoned Sr SysAdmin could be expected to answer or at least be expected to be able to find the answer quickly.

2. Why wouldn't you use an expect script?   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

I’m sorry to hear about your interview experience. We work hard to create a professional interview experience for all and are always making changes to enhance our process.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

easy.. machine test then personal interview then one technical interview.
    machine test duration is 3 hours
    Interview process is not time taking.. one day process. machine test question might be little difficult. 100 percent output is mandatory to crack the interview

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in September 2013.

Interview

It was a relatively intense process for someone new to the corporate game.
    I was interviewed by no less than four people, although only two of them seemed prepared or interested.
    I don't think the interview questions were necessarily that great, but by the end of the meeting the mood was light and we were laughing.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever deployed images with Windows Deployment Server?   1 Answer

Lead Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

You will be grilled. A lot technical questions. You got to meet every body in the company from the secretary to general manager. you meet the technical team, marketing and management team. Then bosses

Interview Questions

• Technical and social questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

The company has a formal interview process but the length and details depends on the state and on the position being applied. I interviewed with multiple people from different states and had an onsite interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions on programming experience were very difficult and lengthy   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was a screening by the hired recruiter. Note: I was referred by a a 3rd party/trusted advisor to NIC management. As a next step, I participated in a phone interview with the Senior Executive team including CEO, CFO, COO, General Counsel and Head of HR. I then participated in a 3rd round interview in person with the same panel.

Interview Questions

NIC Response

Oct 3, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your time and the information you have shared.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIC (New Delhi (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online written test which consisted of aptitude question sand mainly computer science questions.Then in interviews they just ask about your personality ,leadership and problem solving skills.They will also ask you questions on data structures and algorithms.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NIC (Austin, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Received a mockup and coded it in web Front End languages for team review. Then was asked to visit the office for in-person discussion with the Front End Dev manager.

Interview Questions

• Why I used certain elements in my markup.   1 Answer

Jul 5, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process. We appreciate your positive feedback, as we are always working to improve the applicant experience and identify the best candidates to... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Had a few interviews, met with several people, and I thought they went well Then I never heard anything back-- even after a follow up.

Finally heard I didn't get the job, almost 3 months later. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

NIC Response

May 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We are sorry your interview experience took so long. Our process is designed to last no longer than 30 days. The candidate experience is something we are always working to fine-tune; your feedback is... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

I got the interview through an IT Consulting Company.

I interviewed for one position and the person I interviewed with didn't think I was a good fit so they recommended another position in the company and I interviewed with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Describe your interactions with your project team and how you keep them on track.   Answer Question

Apr 3, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

We are glad to hear that your interview process moved quickly. We apologize if the first interview was not a perfect match to your skills; or if the firm you were working with did not have a full... More