NIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Inerview is very simple. You got to meet everybody from secretary to general manager. Evrybody have a say in the desistion if they are going to hire you or not. smile, do not talk bad about previous jobs show that you are a quick learner. People their are fun to work with.

Interview Questions

• Do you like bacon? what do u do for fun?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I can not answer that.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person. Very eager to hire, I think the turnover rate is pretty high. Quick phone interview with corporate recruiter and then an in person meeting with the GM and DOO

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you managed   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interview...four people, yet only one seemed to be confident enough to talk. Very uncomfortable yet I got the job? Beware when employers just hire you without asking you questions, "too good to be true".

Interview Questions

• Explain your "Masters Degree".   1 Answer

Lead Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC in January 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with 3 people, each about 30-45 mins.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC (Montgomery, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

A recruiting company contacted me about the position via an application that I posted online. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiting company that generally consisted of questions about my background in college and summer internships. I then had an interview with the GM over the phone and was later asked to come interview in person. The process of overall very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on in College and the process you took to complete it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The former was technical questions to get a handle of my understanding of the product. The latter was more for a personality fit. The team appeared very well-versed with the structure of the company and the complexity of the systems I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were very in-depth with the technology I was to be working with. The level of expertise required was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get the salary I desired. This company is paying for talent, don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Asp.Net C# Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIC (Santa Fe, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and friendly. It wasn't made clear beforehand it would be a technical interview but the questions were more about my experience with their specific type of work versus hard technical questions and/or conundrums. It was clear I didn't at that time have the exact skill set they needed. Since then I have been training at Pluralsight to add those skills to my repertoire.

Interview Questions

• Did I work with design patterns.   1 Answer

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS).

Interview

Typical tag team interview. Few technical questions. But they did make some off handed remarks to my age which leads me to the conclusion that they are basing their hiring process and decisions on age rather than aptitude. In other words, older applicants need not apply. It's too bad (and their loss) that they bypass applicants who have light years more experience and skill sets than younger candidates, only because they are older. Shame on them.

Interview Questions

NIC Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

I’m sorry to hear about your interview experience. I assure you we do not make hiring decisions based on age. It is against our core values and it is also against our policy. We wish you the best of... More

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview with a corporate HR recruiter. This was very brief and informal, maybe 20 minutes max. I then had an in-person interview with the support supervisor and a project manager. Then another in-person interview with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working in a high volume fast paced atmosphere.   Answer Question

NIC Response

Nov 3, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We are glad to hear it was a quick process and the result was you joining the NIC team!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIC (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

was through a recruiter in the Kasas City area. The process was very well run and thourough.