NIC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIC Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Inerview is very simple. You got to meet everybody from secretary to general manager. Evrybody have a say in the desistion if they are going to hire you or not. smile, do not talk bad about previous jobs show that you are a quick learner. People their are fun to work with.

Interview Questions

• Do you like bacon? what do u do for fun?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I can not answer that.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC.

Interview

Phone interview then in-person. Very eager to hire, I think the turnover rate is pretty high. Quick phone interview with corporate recruiter and then an in person meeting with the GM and DOO

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you managed   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Odd interview...four people, yet only one seemed to be confident enough to talk. Very uncomfortable yet I got the job? Beware when employers just hire you without asking you questions, "too good to be true".

Interview Questions

• Explain your "Masters Degree".   1 Answer

Lead Unix Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC in January 2010.

Interview

1:1 interview with 3 people, each about 30-45 mins.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIC (Montgomery, AL) in August 2010.

Interview

A recruiting company contacted me about the position via an application that I posted online. I had an initial phone interview with the recruiting company that generally consisted of questions about my background in college and summer internships. I then had an interview with the GM over the phone and was later asked to come interview in person. The process of overall very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project that you worked on in College and the process you took to complete it?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

I was given a phone interview, then an in-person interview. The former was technical questions to get a handle of my understanding of the product. The latter was more for a personality fit. The team appeared very well-versed with the structure of the company and the complexity of the systems I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were very in-depth with the technology I was to be working with. The level of expertise required was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to get the salary I desired. This company is paying for talent, don't be afraid to ask for what you want.

Asp.Net C# Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIC (Santa Fe, NM) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and friendly. It wasn't made clear beforehand it would be a technical interview but the questions were more about my experience with their specific type of work versus hard technical questions and/or conundrums. It was clear I didn't at that time have the exact skill set they needed. Since then I have been training at Pluralsight to add those skills to my repertoire.

Interview Questions

• Did I work with design patterns.   1 Answer

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Olathe, KS).

Interview

Typical tag team interview. Few technical questions. But they did make some off handed remarks to my age which leads me to the conclusion that they are basing their hiring process and decisions on age rather than aptitude. In other words, older applicants need not apply. It's too bad (and their loss) that they bypass applicants who have light years more experience and skill sets than younger candidates, only because they are older. Shame on them.

Interview Questions

NIC Response

Jan 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

I’m sorry to hear about your interview experience. I assure you we do not make hiring decisions based on age. It is against our core values and it is also against our policy. We wish you the best of ... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIC (Kansas City, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

was through a recruiter in the Kasas City area. The process was very well run and thourough.

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIC (Charleston, WV) in September 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the opportunity from seeing my profile on LinkedIn. I would have to relocate for the position which would not be paid for I later learned including my expenses for an overnight hotel stay and 3 hour drive for an inperson interview. It was a good opportunity, so I decided to move forward with the interview after much research on the position and company.

The office was very nice and the staff very pleasant and laid back. The corporate office is in Kansas, employing about 500 people. This office employed only about 12 people. WV is much different and a smaller community. I had to fill out a lengthy job application which took about 40 minutes. Then I met with the hiring manager and Director of Technology for about 2 hours. I also had to answer a series of HR like questions that were behavior-based testing leadership and management ability, project management ability, how you handle failure, success and employee management. Three days later I heard from the recruiter that they went with a local candidate. One odd thing near the end of the interview was they told me they were not certain they were going to fill the position. The recruiter had no knowledge of this. I don't think I would have accepted the position if it was offered anyway based on that. I really felt that it was a waste of my time in light of that information and then to find out they went with someone so quickly?