NICE inContact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received a fast response to schedule an interview. I completed the HR screening interview with positive comments that was to result in a follow-up technical interview. No-responses to emails and voice mails since then - very unprofessional and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with pre-sales and post-sales contact center deployments.   1 Answer

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Remote, OR).

Interview

Talked to HR person, and the hiring manager. The hiring manager then wanted me to talk to two other sales people at the company, for a comfortable peer to peer conversation. It was anything but that. It was two junior sales reps drilling me with sales 101 questions and telling me nothing about the actual job itself. Worst yet , the HR person, drops you and a month later just comes up missing, and the sales manager can't reply to a email or the HR person can't either, JOKE

Interview Questions

• walk us through how you closed an account -stupid question   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NICE inContact in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen interview with a company recruiter and two 1+ hour interviews with members of the team. The communication was good during the interview process with the recruiter and I received some positive feedback from the team.

Unfortunately, after the second interview was done, everything went silent. I was apparently ghosted and they would not respond to my feedback requests. I understand if another candidate is selected or if the hiring process is hung for whatever reason--but it is very rude and disrespectful to put people on ignore post-interview. A simple (even automated) e-mail would be sufficient to provide closure or provide any sort of thought on the situation. Anything less wastes everyone's time and causes a tremendous amount of frustration for all candidates alike.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Sandy, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

It started with a video interview, followed by 2, two-on-one interviews with different managers, then a presentation that I gave to a group of other AE's, the an interview with the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

• How many tennis balls will fit into a limo?   1 Answer
    • How do you think your experience in your previous position will translate to this position?   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I interviewed at NICE inContact (Lehi, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed to be the standard two-form factor interview process.
    - Phone Interview
    - In-person Interview

Unfortunately, despite being told I rocked the phone interview and would be a good fit for the company, and a month of chasing the recruiter for the onsite interview scheduling - it was not scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Not giving away any of the questions as this is not something I find to be something a professional should share.   1 Answer

Aug 30, 2017 – Manager Talent Acquisition

This situation rings a bell. Recruiters do not make the final call on who is invited for an onsite interview, ultimately that falls to the hiring manager and the recruiter provides insight and... More

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, Hiring Manager phone screen, Team Interview. I was referred by LinkedIn and applied on the company site on 5/19/17. A phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled on 5/31. I passed the phone screen and had an in person interview with the hiring manager and team on 6/2. I received an offer on 6/13 and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Tenable Nessus, SIEM, LogRhythm, various frameworks such as NIST, COBIT, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NICE inContact in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was broken up into a phone screen and an onsite interview. After the onsite interview, I was asked the traditional what are you expecting in salary. I know the cardinal rule is to never give the first number but I really liked the people and wanted to work here. I gave them a high number and a lower number with the caveat that the low number would be the bare minimum if their benefits were absolutely out of this world amazing.

I got the benefits package and an offer that was below my absolute minimum. Their benefits were average for the industry. I had also done some digging in my network and had heard some complaints about the company management I wanted to address. I attempted to counter at which point they brought me in to meet with a VP. I sat down and spoke with the VP regarding my compensation request and he addressed my concerns I had about the company. I felt good and wanted to proceed.

After meeting with their VP I got a form letter to fill out references online which I did. However then the company went completely dark even though I was told to expect a counter offer one never came. In fact a rejection letter never came....

In hindsight, I may have dodged a bullet. If a companies management brings you on the site more than once and has you speak with a VP the bare minimum they can do is at least send a rejection email. To go dark speaks to the unprofessional management the others in my network warned me about.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly based on technical skill...   Answer Question

Aug 30, 2017 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Definitely not the experience we had hoped you would have. Looking back we can pinpoint the break down of communication and rest assured it has been addressed with the recruiting and hiring team. We... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Sandy, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in-person interview with several people in the department. The in-person interview was about an hour and a half with the hiring manager, team lead, and a short excel and sql assessment. The manager introduced me to the other team members and they gave me a tour of the building on my way out and were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions. The interview was very conversational.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Online coding test, F2F Interview with the technical team, managers, and other peers in this role. It was a well-rounded interview that was transparent and honest. Not off the wall questions, but questions on tasks you will be doing day-to-day. I felt the overall process works in helping match the desired position to the person with the critical relevant skills and opportunities for growth into other skills needed for the company and its growth this year.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve this problem X? Let's discuss this more deeply?   1 Answer

Business Analyst IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NICE inContact (Sandy, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

First Interview with a Technical Recruiter - Neutral experience.

Second Interview with Team Manager - Positive experience, a good outline of the company and an engaging conversation.

Third Interview - somewhat berating interview approach
    2.5 hours long - 30-minute blocks with -
    Team Manager
    Analyst Team
    Department heads
    Other Department heads

Has the feel of a large corporation with a lot of politics.
    Interviewers have tunnel vision and give the impression that everything is done in an exact way with no creative variance. Good for people that enjoy doing the same thing over and over day in and out.
     They appear to want questions answered in a way that fits their mold of their walled off technical landscape instead of a more pragmatic approach.

Would not have taken the job if offered. In comparison to the other 4 companies I interviewed with at the time this one was by far the least favorable.

Never received a thank you or a courtesy follow up after final interview from the Team Manager or technical recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of the ideal Happy path in the agile framework   Answer Question

Sep 5, 2017 – Manager Talent Acquisition

We are sorry that your interview experience with inContact was not a positive one. For the onsite interview we do ask for 3-4 hours so our candidates can meet with managers, peers and stakeholders... More