NIFCO America Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at NIFCO America Corp

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp in February 2017.

Interview

Met someone at college career fair, scheduled an interview a week or two later, never heard back afterword. It was a group panel, one from each section of the plant, and they would each ask different questions based on how I answered previous questions. Gave a brief tour of the plant afterward.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness, other standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp (Columbus, OH).

Interview

2 interviews via skype. They may ask you to come in person for the interview. Basic company for entry. Always wear a nice suit, as the company is run by Japanese coordinators. Nothing much but watching each other via computer and they provide you questions while you answer. Usually takes around 30 to 40 minutes depending on what position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to Nifco? Are you able to work on a "certain" environment. Why did you want to move companies?   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company about the position. After discussing the job and the company, I applied through them. They even changed my resume, which I was unaware of. Received invitation to interview. I was from out of state, and therefore only asked for one interview. Never heard back from the company or the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why are man hole covers round?   2 Answers

Project Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp.

Interview

Two interviews.
    Laid back culture, free flowing without many guidelines. No dress code.

I applied through an external career site. A HR person called me and scheduled an interview.
    They don't reimburse travel expenses.
    The first interview was with three engineers, looking for a good attitude, rather than job experience.
    The second was with two managers, one from the last interview. It was very free flowing, and not like a usual interview with the usual questions. They were all engineers, and friendly.

Salary negotiations were then done with a HR person, and they don't pay well.

Negotiation

I was offered something really low!
    18% below the average salary for project engineers starting out in this field.

I asked for an average salary, and they raised the salary by a measly 4%, still 15% lower than average salary for project engineers.
    They give you 48 hours to accept, and are inflexible to giving you more time.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canal Winchester, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp (Canal Winchester, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

Was referred by current employee, held 1 phone interview as well as 1 department management interview. Informal interview that discussed what i did in my free time as well as what type of experience i had for the applied job.

Interview Questions

• Previous work history, typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Project Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelbyville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp (Shelbyville, KY) in May 2013.

Interview

They called me and asked to come in for 2 interviews. The first was with management and the second was with a member of upper management asking questions as well. Fairly laid back and I felt comfortable during the process. They asked your typical "what would you do in this situation?" type questions. They responded back quickly and I did not have to wait long before talking to everybody.

Interview Questions

• I am hiring for Project engineer, but what if this guy (points to another manager) wants to hire you to his team? Be honest, which would you choose?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIFCO America Corp (Columbus, OH) in January 2009.

Interview

First HR interview. Next a panel interview. Finally plant tour followed by a offer. HR interview was basic, panel interview was reasonably tough. Each person in the group asked good number of questions. They were knowledgeable about the molding process and had some good questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the product development structure in your present company   Answer Question