NIH Contract Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Contract Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at NIH

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

First, a 30 minute phone interview. Second, a face-to-face interview. They asked several technical questions and were very engaging. They really wanted to know if the interviewee was a good fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied to the posting via USA Jobs. The questions on the application are fairly standard and designed to eliminate candidates that do not meet certification requirements. Approximately 2 weeks after the posting closing date, I was called for a scheduled interview. The interview was on site (NIAID) and consisted of two individuals asking me questions during the one interview. The experience was different for me because they had a formulated set list of questions which they followed. Literally, I could see them read the question from a paper, they would ask the question, and then they would write my response. My overall impression was that my answers/conduct in the interview were good, but that the interviewers seemed to be going through the motions from the start. I was not offered the position and I found out that they selected a candidate that was internal. To be honest it felt like I was a victim of formality and the job was never really up for grabs.

Interview Questions

• If you won $100 million, what would you do with the money?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was held at their office with Rockville. I was entered by two individuals who were the branch head for their perspective divisions. We sat in an office in a formal setting and I was asked rough 10 -12 questions. This questions themselves were not the standard interview questions but more informal about my experience, my skills, and what to expect. It was rather easy from my experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you know about NIH
      Explain your experience with Contract administration   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs.gov, and was contacted approximately 2 months later via e-mail. The interview took about an hour, and was very specific concerning the job title. Questions were not "typical" interview questions, but tailored to previous experience in contracting. The interviewer described the position in detail, and I felt that he spoke more than I did during the interview. I was required to submit a writing sample beforehand.

Interview Questions

• I was given a spreadsheet of costs and asked specific questions pertaining to the spreadsheet.   Answer Question