NIH Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, reached out by email. Phone interview was short and somewhat technical, with two supervisors. Asked for lab and coding skills, overall process was very short and balanced between questions for me and a description of the work. Seems that the decision to hire was made before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with platforms for compound visualization or molecular dynamics simulation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Contacted via phone after applied on the Federal Governments job board. It was not much of an interview and I found it to be straightforward. My resume consisted of 6 years working in the same environment within the government as a contactor and then as an employee. With this being said I imagine the recruiter saw that it was a one to one comparison for where I was coming from to where I was going and quickly asked if I would like the job.

Interview Questions

• Position was open and felt like it needed to be filled right away so the most difficult question was would like to work there and that pay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone call with senior researcher from my lab of interest. Discussed my background, previous projects, and what I was interested in working on. Learned about the lab and its current projects. Friendly and received the offer at the end of the phone call. Interview was not too long and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. Questions were all on my background and previous projects.   Answer Question