NIH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

3.1

Assistant Project Architect Interview

Interview

I had an interview with three men who all seemed very passionate about their job. In the end the company wasn't right for me but it seemed like a great opportunity to work for a company concentrated in the health care field of architecture.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Asosciate Interview

Interview

A standard postdoc interview that start from a scientific presentation talking about previous research. After meeting each of the lab members, there will be a face-to-face interview with the PI

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal?
      The PI briefly described the project what he want me to work on if he gives me the offer and asked my opinion.
      Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that stated all the requirements and salary expectations. Was invited for a panel interview and met with a a panel of 4 people. Interview was on behavioral skills, managing challenges at work and achieving results. They'll tell you about the position and what to expect, and ask you questions about your experience and how you overcame problems.

Media Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIH in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email two weeks after submitting resume through online portal. Hiring manager set up phone interview through email. The phone interview happened withing a week and was casual and relatively straightforward. They made sure I completely understood process and job for which I was applying. Interviewer was polite and personable. Follow up from interview was received within a week.

Interview Questions

• When there has been a problem at a previous job, how did I handle it>?   Answer Question

Pharmacist-Outpatient Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

This was about a 2.5 hour interview with various people in the pharmacy department including the acting chief, IV and UD supervisors, QA officer, Inpatient chief, PIC and outpatient chief. Everybody was mostly nice and described how NIH runs and the operations in the pharmacy work. Got a tour of the pharmacy areas. The outpatient chief and PIC are very easy to talk with, funny, and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NIH? Why NIH? Strengths/Weaknesses? Conflict at last job with coworker?   Answer Question

Grants Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the email that I was referred and about 3 weeks later I was called by HR for an interview. The interview was around October 7, 2015 and now December 6th I have heard nothing. I sent a thank you email which did not warrant a response despite my asking specific questions. I was told by others it can take months.

I thought the interview went well and felt like the panel liked my responses to the 15 question round robin. There were lots of head nods and smiles.

Interview Questions

• General questions: Why NIH, what makes me the best candidate, describe a conflict and how you resolved, your weakness, your strength, something you're proud of, and general questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief and a bit unfocused. The director was not able to describe specific job tasks. The future direction of the position, which was newly formed due to division expansion, was not given. The interviewer could not give desirable expected skills and expertise. It seemed that a candidate had already been chosen, and that the interview was being done simply to fulfill an EOE requirement.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs.gov, and was contacted approximately 2 months later via e-mail. The interview took about an hour, and was very specific concerning the job title. Questions were not "typical" interview questions, but tailored to previous experience in contracting. The interviewer described the position in detail, and I felt that he spoke more than I did during the interview. I was required to submit a writing sample beforehand.

Interview Questions

• I was given a spreadsheet of costs and asked specific questions pertaining to the spreadsheet.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

There were many layers of interviews, taking several weeks. I was not expecting it to move any faster given that this is a government organization. The interviewers were knowledgeable and engaging but someone else was apparently more qualified. I had the minimum qualifications so next time I will probably not apply unless I am very well qualified.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about specific experiences in particular jobs.   Answer Question