NIH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to the PI. He met me the following week. We met at the NIH. I think it was helpful that I was already there. Otherwise, they usually conduct either a Skype or a phone interview. Some PIs will fly you in and interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this lab? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Phone-in interview screen. Followed by on-site interview in two weeks. One hour presentation, followed by intensive questions and individual half an hour one-on-one sessions. The process was pleasant and cordial. I got an instant offer at the end of the day. I took a week to give them an answer. They were very accommodative. Great place to work and learn new things!

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Frederick, MD).

Interview

it involved meeting with people in the lab,giving a lab presentation. Meeting was very informal. Listening to the ongoing projects in the lab. I was offered shortly after returning and then had to go through background check. Advise: make sure you know what your major project is

Assistant Project Architect Interview

Interview

I had an interview with three men who all seemed very passionate about their job. In the end the company wasn't right for me but it seemed like a great opportunity to work for a company concentrated in the health care field of architecture.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Asosciate Interview

Interview

A standard postdoc interview that start from a scientific presentation talking about previous research. After meeting each of the lab members, there will be a face-to-face interview with the PI

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal?
      The PI briefly described the project what he want me to work on if he gives me the offer and asked my opinion.

Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people
    - Went over the job description and potential intern duties
    - Asked questions on my resume (past jobs, any study abroad experience)
    - Asked about GPA
    - Asked me standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your strengths?
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Postbaccalaureate IRTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The hardest part was applying individually to a number of investigators. The number of rejections is overwhelming but usually related to lack of an open position or funding at the time. Once I got positive responses the interview was more about me making sure the investigator would make a good mentor during my time at NIH.

Interview Questions

• What are your specific goals and research interests?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The stipend is a set amount I'm pretty sure.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that stated all the requirements and salary expectations. Was invited for a panel interview and met with a a panel of 4 people. Interview was on behavioral skills, managing challenges at work and achieving results. They'll tell you about the position and what to expect, and ask you questions about your experience and how you overcame problems.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was held at their office with Rockville. I was entered by two individuals who were the branch head for their perspective divisions. We sat in an office in a formal setting and I was asked rough 10 -12 questions. This questions themselves were not the standard interview questions but more informal about my experience, my skills, and what to expect. It was rather easy from my experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you know about NIH
      Explain your experience with Contract administration