NIH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

140 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to the PI. He met me the following week. We met at the NIH. I think it was helpful that I was already there. Otherwise, they usually conduct either a Skype or a phone interview. Some PIs will fly you in and interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this lab? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Contract Spec Ialist Interview

Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview about 2-3 months later. The interview was conducted by a four person panel. They were professional and pleasant, yet difficult to read.

High School Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Applied in February/March. Interview was very informal, conducted over the phone. Interviewer (the Principal Investigator) asked very few questions and spent the call telling me about the projects I would be working on, so she had basically just accepted me based on resume.

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

took 2 weeks to get to the interview (f2f) and i have to come to the office for a face to face interview. the interview went well. they were 4 engineers in front of me.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

I did my phd in NIH and stayed for a short postdoc to make a transition into the industry. So I didn't really had an interview. Normally you will be invited to give a academic about your past research.

Interview Questions

• All kinds of academic question related to your past research.   Answer Question

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Applied on USAJOBS and was contacted for an interview with NCI. First round interviews were done virtually with a panel of managers and described as "informational." Questions were mainly behavioral but touched on long term career goals and commitment to the scientific mission. Even though I didn't get an offer, the interview process was pleasantly efficient compared to other federal agencies.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals and how does this job fit in with those goals?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in the specific scientific mission of this institute in NIH?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Phone-in interview screen. Followed by on-site interview in two weeks. One hour presentation, followed by intensive questions and individual half an hour one-on-one sessions. The process was pleasant and cordial. I got an instant offer at the end of the day. I took a week to give them an answer. They were very accommodative. Great place to work and learn new things!

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Frederick, MD).

Interview

it involved meeting with people in the lab,giving a lab presentation. Meeting was very informal. Listening to the ongoing projects in the lab. I was offered shortly after returning and then had to go through background check. Advise: make sure you know what your major project is

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIH in January 2017.

Interview

Asking questions related to the subject. Usually it's about what you do what you plan to do in the lab. What's your interest what's your strength. Why you come to this lab. What after the postdoc

Assistant Project Architect Interview

Interview

I had an interview with three men who all seemed very passionate about their job. In the end the company wasn't right for me but it seemed like a great opportunity to work for a company concentrated in the health care field of architecture.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experiences makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer