NIH Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at NIH

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone call Interview that lasted two hours. Received a call a few weeks later that I had gotten the job. Each PI is different in this sense though. You must fill out an application online first complete with references before you can contact someone directly to see if there are any openings in their lab. Interview went very well, I was happy with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Submitted application for IRTA fellowship online through the NIH website. Contacted people I was interested in working with at specific labs, then followed up with those who were interested in my application and came for one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH in March 2019.

Interview

A phone interview and an in-person interview was conducted. The committee asked general questions, including what are your career goals? What are you looking for in the program? Why do you want to do research? General interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Washington, DC) in April 2019.

Interview

not too hard, asked about experiences, talked with lab members, had a couples problems they wanted to run through with me, very nice and got back as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• What research experience have you had?
      Why do you want to join this lab?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Easy 30 min phone/Skype interview to get a feel for personalities and if you would be a good fit for the lab. Just talk about your background, interests, and future career goals

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to the PI. He met me the following week. We met at the NIH. I think it was helpful that I was already there. Otherwise, they usually conduct either a Skype or a phone interview. Some PIs will fly you in and interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this lab? What are your future plans?   Answer Question