NIH Interview Questions in Maryland | Glassdoor

3.2

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that stated all the requirements and salary expectations. Was invited for a panel interview and met with a a panel of 4 people. Interview was on behavioral skills, managing challenges at work and achieving results. They'll tell you about the position and what to expect, and ask you questions about your experience and how you overcame problems.

Pharmacist-Outpatient Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

This was about a 2.5 hour interview with various people in the pharmacy department including the acting chief, IV and UD supervisors, QA officer, Inpatient chief, PIC and outpatient chief. Everybody was mostly nice and described how NIH runs and the operations in the pharmacy work. Got a tour of the pharmacy areas. The outpatient chief and PIC are very easy to talk with, funny, and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NIH? Why NIH? Strengths/Weaknesses? Conflict at last job with coworker?   Answer Question

Grants Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the email that I was referred and about 3 weeks later I was called by HR for an interview. The interview was around October 7, 2015 and now December 6th I have heard nothing. I sent a thank you email which did not warrant a response despite my asking specific questions. I was told by others it can take months.

I thought the interview went well and felt like the panel liked my responses to the 15 question round robin. There were lots of head nods and smiles.

Interview Questions

• General questions: Why NIH, what makes me the best candidate, describe a conflict and how you resolved, your weakness, your strength, something you're proud of, and general questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief and a bit unfocused. The director was not able to describe specific job tasks. The future direction of the position, which was newly formed due to division expansion, was not given. The interviewer could not give desirable expected skills and expertise. It seemed that a candidate had already been chosen, and that the interview was being done simply to fulfill an EOE requirement.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs.gov, and was contacted approximately 2 months later via e-mail. The interview took about an hour, and was very specific concerning the job title. Questions were not "typical" interview questions, but tailored to previous experience in contracting. The interviewer described the position in detail, and I felt that he spoke more than I did during the interview. I was required to submit a writing sample beforehand.

Interview Questions

• I was given a spreadsheet of costs and asked specific questions pertaining to the spreadsheet.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

There were many layers of interviews, taking several weeks. I was not expecting it to move any faster given that this is a government organization. The interviewers were knowledgeable and engaging but someone else was apparently more qualified. I had the minimum qualifications so next time I will probably not apply unless I am very well qualified.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about specific experiences in particular jobs.   Answer Question

Predoctoral Fellow, Bioethics Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and received an offer to interview about three weeks later. I was in school in California at the time, and they flew me out to DC to interview. The logistics were very well planned. I flew out the day before, and stayed the night at a hotel. The next day, I met early with the current predoctoral fellow for breakfast, and then I had a series (two or three) of half an hour, one-on-one interviews with researchers in the department. I then gave a pre-prepared talk before the entire department (probably about 20 people), and fielded questions, lasting about an hour. In the afternoon, I had a couple more one-on-one interviews, and flew home.

The whole process was fairly exhausting, and certainly more than I'd ever done before, as this was one of the first full-time jobs I ever applied to. Though I think there were probably more interviews than really necessary, I think the way the interviews were conducted was very appropriate for the role-- someone who could think creatively and critically about ethical issues in the sciences. The questions I was asked were very intellectually stimulating, and the interviewers did a really great job of speaking to me with a great deal of respect even though I was probably rather underqualified for the position and I was espousing a point of view that's not very popular.

Interview Questions

• What obligations do scientists have, if any, to inform their communities about their research?   Answer Question
    • Describe one (practical) ethical problem you have learned about in school, and an argument you made in response.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewer had dinner with me the evening before interview and some brief discussion about the area and family. Next day, no technical questions just went over the resume.

Interview Questions

• Are you feeling ready to help training others for Electrical Engineering work   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

it was a long and tedious interview

Interview Questions

• what's the best part of your current job   1 Answer