NIH Interview Questions in Maryland | Glassdoor

2.6

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

There were many layers of interviews, taking several weeks. I was not expecting it to move any faster given that this is a government organization. The interviewers were knowledgeable and engaging but someone else was apparently more qualified. I had the minimum qualifications so next time I will probably not apply unless I am very well qualified.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about specific experiences in particular jobs.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very brief and a bit unfocused. The director was not able to describe specific job tasks. The future direction of the position, which was newly formed due to division expansion, was not given. The interviewer could not give desirable expected skills and expertise. It seemed that a candidate had already been chosen, and that the interview was being done simply to fulfill an EOE requirement.

Predoctoral Fellow, Bioethics Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position in January and received an offer to interview about three weeks later. I was in school in California at the time, and they flew me out to DC to interview. The logistics were very well planned. I flew out the day before, and stayed the night at a hotel. The next day, I met early with the current predoctoral fellow for breakfast, and then I had a series (two or three) of half an hour, one-on-one interviews with researchers in the department. I then gave a pre-prepared talk before the entire department (probably about 20 people), and fielded questions, lasting about an hour. In the afternoon, I had a couple more one-on-one interviews, and flew home.

The whole process was fairly exhausting, and certainly more than I'd ever done before, as this was one of the first full-time jobs I ever applied to. Though I think there were probably more interviews than really necessary, I think the way the interviews were conducted was very appropriate for the role-- someone who could think creatively and critically about ethical issues in the sciences. The questions I was asked were very intellectually stimulating, and the interviewers did a really great job of speaking to me with a great deal of respect even though I was probably rather underqualified for the position and I was espousing a point of view that's not very popular.

Interview Questions

• What obligations do scientists have, if any, to inform their communities about their research?   Answer Question
    • Describe one (practical) ethical problem you have learned about in school, and an argument you made in response.   Answer Question

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

it was a long and tedious interview

Interview Questions

• what's the best part of your current job   1 Answer

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a GREAT interview and I felt very comfortable the entire time. As with any interview, I was happy to ask questions and they answered my questions. I was thankful to have a great panel of people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How I might handle certain administrative shortfalls   1 Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

took 2 weeks to get to the interview (f2f) and i have to come to the office for a face to face interview. the interview went well. they were 4 engineers in front of me.

IRTA Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Presentation and interviewed with lab members. People are very nice here. My supervisor bought lunch for me and we ate together. We talked about 1 hour, very relaxed. The presentation was good and they asked lots of questions. I wore suits that day. I think it is very important to wear formal clothes although is was only a postdoc job.

Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people
    - Went over the job description and potential intern duties
    - Asked questions on my resume (past jobs, any study abroad experience)
    - Asked about GPA
    - Asked me standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your strengths?
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Postbaccalaureate IRTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The hardest part was applying individually to a number of investigators. The number of rejections is overwhelming but usually related to lack of an open position or funding at the time. Once I got positive responses the interview was more about me making sure the investigator would make a good mentor during my time at NIH.

Interview Questions

• What are your specific goals and research interests?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The stipend is a set amount I'm pretty sure.