NIH Interview Questions in Maryland | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Senior Molecular Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Smooth interview but long and somewhat exhaustive. Seminar presentation was extensive but this varies from place to place. Staff was friendly and open. NIH intramural is notorious for its collegiality.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure?   1 Answer

Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people
    - Went over the job description and potential intern duties
    - Asked questions on my resume (past jobs, any study abroad experience)
    - Asked about GPA
    - Asked me standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your strengths?
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Frederick, MD).

Interview

it involved meeting with people in the lab,giving a lab presentation. Meeting was very informal. Listening to the ongoing projects in the lab. I was offered shortly after returning and then had to go through background check. Advise: make sure you know what your major project is

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to the PI. He met me the following week. We met at the NIH. I think it was helpful that I was already there. Otherwise, they usually conduct either a Skype or a phone interview. Some PIs will fly you in and interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this lab? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

In person interview, mainly asking about why I was interested in the position, as well as my future plans and goals for after the internship. Also gave me a rundown of what they do in the lab, and what my responsibilities would be should I get the position.

Interview Questions

• What areas of biology are you interested in specifically?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Summer Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a personal contact with a Senior Researcher. Contacted them and told them about my interest in CS and research. Came in once for a Personality Quiz type interview where I discussed my past projects and programming knowledge. No technical questions. After a week or so I heard back. Overall a great experience and would recommend it to any students looking for a place to share their enthusiasm for health, research, and technology.

Postbaccalaureate IRTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

The hardest part was applying individually to a number of investigators. The number of rejections is overwhelming but usually related to lack of an open position or funding at the time. Once I got positive responses the interview was more about me making sure the investigator would make a good mentor during my time at NIH.

Interview Questions

• What are your specific goals and research interests?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The stipend is a set amount I'm pretty sure.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview that stated all the requirements and salary expectations. Was invited for a panel interview and met with a a panel of 4 people. Interview was on behavioral skills, managing challenges at work and achieving results. They'll tell you about the position and what to expect, and ask you questions about your experience and how you overcame problems.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

first it was phone screen, then i went a campus interview. I was introduced to several MPs and they presented their works/projects and asked some skills/experience i had. Then, I did a research presentation to about 20 people or so. Met more MPs and some co-worker in the afternoon. I got offer from one MP after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• some c++ programming question, what's stack? how to delete a point.
      all other questiones were on research
      Answer Question