NIH Interview Questions in Maryland | Glassdoor

2.6

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

you give an informal talk about your science, then have lunch with members from that group, then just followed by lots of paper work, since it is government, background check takes time

Interview Questions

• Do you have experiences working in supercomputing center?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a GREAT interview and I felt very comfortable the entire time. As with any interview, I was happy to ask questions and they answered my questions. I was thankful to have a great panel of people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• How I might handle certain administrative shortfalls   1 Answer

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

took 2 weeks to get to the interview (f2f) and i have to come to the office for a face to face interview. the interview went well. they were 4 engineers in front of me.

IRTA Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Presentation and interviewed with lab members. People are very nice here. My supervisor bought lunch for me and we ate together. We talked about 1 hour, very relaxed. The presentation was good and they asked lots of questions. I wore suits that day. I think it is very important to wear formal clothes although is was only a postdoc job.

Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people
    - Went over the job description and potential intern duties
    - Asked questions on my resume (past jobs, any study abroad experience)
    - Asked about GPA
    - Asked me standard interview questions

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your strengths?
      Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Frederick, MD).

Interview

it involved meeting with people in the lab,giving a lab presentation. Meeting was very informal. Listening to the ongoing projects in the lab. I was offered shortly after returning and then had to go through background check. Advise: make sure you know what your major project is

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent an email to the PI. He met me the following week. We met at the NIH. I think it was helpful that I was already there. Otherwise, they usually conduct either a Skype or a phone interview. Some PIs will fly you in and interview in person.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this lab? What are your future plans?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

In person interview, mainly asking about why I was interested in the position, as well as my future plans and goals for after the internship. Also gave me a rundown of what they do in the lab, and what my responsibilities would be should I get the position.

Interview Questions

• What areas of biology are you interested in specifically?   Answer Question

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Summer Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Had a personal contact with a Senior Researcher. Contacted them and told them about my interest in CS and research. Came in once for a Personality Quiz type interview where I discussed my past projects and programming knowledge. No technical questions. After a week or so I heard back. Overall a great experience and would recommend it to any students looking for a place to share their enthusiasm for health, research, and technology.