NIH Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions in Maryland | Glassdoor

NIH Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions in Maryland

Updated Jan 28, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH (Frederick, MD).

Interview

it involved meeting with people in the lab,giving a lab presentation. Meeting was very informal. Listening to the ongoing projects in the lab. I was offered shortly after returning and then had to go through background check. Advise: make sure you know what your major project is

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

In a room with a group of investigators. Their questions were broad. Tell me about a time that there was a conflict of interest and how you resolved the issue

Interview Questions

• - conflict of interest question
      - why this lab, why this postdoc
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard for such an academic/research institute: Phone call with manager for 15-30 minutes. It was basically an introduction of what I did during my PhD and they explained to me what their branch does. Then they flew me in and I gave a presentation to the whole branch. Then I had a group meeting with my manager and his colleagues.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Typically you'll go through one or two days of interviews. You will probably have to give a presentation about your current research. The hiring process may take a little while if they are interviewing more than one candidate.

Negotiation

Since salaries and benefits are set by NIH guidelines there is not much room, if any, to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

contacted the OI directly and interviewed directly with the PI and his lab members
    gave a 30-45 minute talk followed by questions and answers
    flew in in the morning, spend 4-5 hours at NIH and flew out in the evening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiating. starting salary for a 1st year postdoc is set

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

first it was phone screen, then i went a campus interview. I was introduced to several MPs and they presented their works/projects and asked some skills/experience i had. Then, I did a research presentation to about 20 people or so. Met more MPs and some co-worker in the afternoon. I got offer from one MP after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• some c++ programming question, what's stack? how to delete a point.
      all other questiones were on research
      Answer Question