NIH Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at NIH

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Very scientific. You give a talk, people ask question about you research. You then meet with everyone in the lab and talk with each person individually. You also meet with several Principle Investigators and talk with them individually. But most importantly, you talk with your boss, who decide whether he/she want to hire you.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the authorship for a paper you worked?   Answer Question

Negotiation

there is no negotiation for salary, which is fixed.

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

PI asked me what i was currently doing. He also asked me my research interest and clinical research experience. He described the project in detail and asked me what techniques i could use to solve the problem. He also asked if i would like to accept the position and stated the stipend that was currently being offered to other postdocs.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in October 2010.

Interview

The hiring and Interview Process is Completely depend upon the area of specialization of the candidate and the prospective principal investigator at NIH. The interview generally happens with resume review, then a telephone (sometimes Skype) interview, next is on campus interview. International candidates may not have onsite interview. Generally straight forward; Hardly any behavioral questions. The candidates are asked to give a presentation and meet other section chiefs. Process may go unto 3-4 months

Interview Questions

• Generally straight forward; Hardly any behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in November 2011.

Interview

Invitation to the laboratory to recieve a tour, meet the current lab, and give a 40 minute seminar on current research.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The salary is "as is."

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in November 2009.

Interview

Pretty straight forward: you apply probably online, get an email response from the hiring lab's PI, references are then contacted, 1:1 interview follows. One then gives a seminar typically to a group (members of a research group or who work in the field). Offer made immediately or within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Non really but you might want to remember to lie convincingly on why you went to graduate school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fixed pay per institute rules based on experience.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

give a brief talk about your research on site and get a chance to talk to the PI and lab members and have a tour in the lab for facilities and instruments

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NIH (Frederick, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was in-person with my mentor. It was very thorough, intimate and specific to the skills that were required for the research proposal and the interests of my mentor's lab..

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH in June 2010.

Interview

1 hour presentation of graduate school research work