NIH Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at NIH

2.5

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

The interview was quick and painless! It was a panel-type interview so that I could meet my potential co-workers before starting the job. We toured the lab and then talked a little bit. I also had questions prepared for the panel. Everyone here is obviously really sharp, but I was surprised how nice and welcoming they were too.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to summarize my past work experiences and explain how they relate to the position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in June 2012.

Interview

A program through my High School had an application for an internship at NIH. I applied to the program and then got accepted. Then I was able to research the different departments offered and I was able to select the ones I wanted and reach out to them to see if they would like an intern for the summer. I picked a department and the head researcher said they wanted to meet me. It was essentially a two way interview where he asked me about my studies in high school, my interest in his lab, and my future career goals and I got to interview him about his lab so I could see if it was the right fit for me. I told him right then and there that I would love to intern in his lab and he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with us (this specific lab)?   Answer Question