NIH Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

I was already a contractor and I got switched to an full time employee.

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

Initial email to set up a date for interview in person. After the presentation, discussion with the lab P.I.. About 1 month later, job offer (salary, benefits, etc.)

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to the project we're likely to hire you for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

it was great. I had first interview scheduled but could not go because of my car. Then another interview was scheduled a few months later. After I was interviewed, I was almost that I had the offer.
    I needed to have a presentation and answered questions.

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Research Triangle Park, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Prior to interviewing contact was made at a conference during a networking/business session. A CV was submitted approximately 30 days later and an interview date was set for later that year. One day interview with one-on-one interviews with PI & lab manager/supervisor and a 1 h seminar of previous research given to the Institute staff & fellows. After interviewing, an informal dinner was attended by the remaining members of the laboratory to assess interpersonal connections with the staff.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Durham, NC) in August 2010.

Interview

I exchanged emails for over a month with the Principal Investigator before the phone interview. In the emails, he inquired into my personal qualities extensively to determine my ability to stand up for myself, as he felt that the atmosphere of intellectual debate at the institute might be overwhelming to some. He sent me several journal articles before the phone interview and then questioned me about my understanding of their content in the interview, as well as my intentions for my future in science.

Interview Questions

• What kind of career do you predict for yourself at your age?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations--the stipends and benefits are set by the agency and cannot be changed.

Anonymous Employee in Natchez, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIH (Natchez, MS) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online which was very long about 1 hour to complete. Three week later they called me in for an interview. I interviewed with three separate hiring managers and then was given all types of tests. Three days later they called and made me an offer and I accepted it. They sent me to their training facility for 30days and then placed me in the position I currently am in, outstanding job and company to work for, I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Bethesda, MD) in November 2008.

Interview

One on One interview, asked all science related questions, all about my past research and what I would be willing to do and capbale of doing.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NIH in October 2011.

Interview

Initial phone interview and onsite interview