NIH Interview Questions in Rockville, MD | Glassdoor

2.8

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was held at their office with Rockville. I was entered by two individuals who were the branch head for their perspective divisions. We sat in an office in a formal setting and I was asked rough 10 -12 questions. This questions themselves were not the standard interview questions but more informal about my experience, my skills, and what to expect. It was rather easy from my experience

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what you know about NIH
      Explain your experience with Contract administration   Answer Question

Grants Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the email that I was referred and about 3 weeks later I was called by HR for an interview. The interview was around October 7, 2015 and now December 6th I have heard nothing. I sent a thank you email which did not warrant a response despite my asking specific questions. I was told by others it can take months.

I thought the interview went well and felt like the panel liked my responses to the 15 question round robin. There were lots of head nods and smiles.

Interview Questions

• General questions: Why NIH, what makes me the best candidate, describe a conflict and how you resolved, your weakness, your strength, something you're proud of, and general questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Procurement Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

was very friendly and comfortable. Supervisor was very informative and I felt positive about interview.
    I was notified in a timely manner as Supervisor stated. I was kept informed of job status and then given a start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs.gov, and was contacted approximately 2 months later via e-mail. The interview took about an hour, and was very specific concerning the job title. Questions were not "typical" interview questions, but tailored to previous experience in contracting. The interviewer described the position in detail, and I felt that he spoke more than I did during the interview. I was required to submit a writing sample beforehand.

Interview Questions

• I was given a spreadsheet of costs and asked specific questions pertaining to the spreadsheet.   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Contacted by an NIH recruiter inviting me to apply to the Pathways Recent Graduate program. Quick screening interview over the phone and an in-person interview a few days later. The interview was a panel with 9 or 10 managers at once who all had openings to fill. Given job offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• I did not find the questions too difficult. Most difficult thing was juggling separate questions from so many interviewers but still try to make answers relevant to anyone since they were looking to fill multiple positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is government so there are policies and legislation on how agencies set pay.

Post-Baccalaureate Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Submitted application for IRTA fellowship online through the NIH website. Contacted people I was interested in working with at specific labs, then followed up with those who were interested in my application and came for one in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

Branch Chief Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

The entire process took a very long time from start to finish. I was contacted after submitting an online application and attached my resume. I received 3 separate phone calls for 3 separate interviews. I was interviewed by a small team, separate individual people and then a large team and finally the Head of the Department.

Interview Questions

Accepted another offer from another company which was willing to pay me a higher salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied to the posting via USA Jobs. The questions on the application are fairly standard and designed to eliminate candidates that do not meet certification requirements. Approximately 2 weeks after the posting closing date, I was called for a scheduled interview. The interview was on site (NIAID) and consisted of two individuals asking me questions during the one interview. The experience was different for me because they had a formulated set list of questions which they followed. Literally, I could see them read the question from a paper, they would ask the question, and then they would write my response. My overall impression was that my answers/conduct in the interview were good, but that the interviewers seemed to be going through the motions from the start. I was not offered the position and I found out that they selected a candidate that was internal. To be honest it felt like I was a victim of formality and the job was never really up for grabs.

Interview Questions

• If you won $100 million, what would you do with the money?   1 Answer