NIH Interview Questions in Rockville, MD | Glassdoor

NIH Interview Questions in Rockville, MD

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied in August of 2016 was interviewed 11/2016. The interview was over the phone and went well It was a panel interview with a branch chief and manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my Excel skills were?   1 Answer

Grants Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I received the email that I was referred and about 3 weeks later I was called by HR for an interview. The interview was around October 7, 2015 and now December 6th I have heard nothing. I sent a thank you email which did not warrant a response despite my asking specific questions. I was told by others it can take months.

I thought the interview went well and felt like the panel liked my responses to the 15 question round robin. There were lots of head nods and smiles.

Interview Questions

• General questions: Why NIH, what makes me the best candidate, describe a conflict and how you resolved, your weakness, your strength, something you're proud of, and general questions related to the job.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs.gov, and was contacted approximately 2 months later via e-mail. The interview took about an hour, and was very specific concerning the job title. Questions were not "typical" interview questions, but tailored to previous experience in contracting. The interviewer described the position in detail, and I felt that he spoke more than I did during the interview. I was required to submit a writing sample beforehand.

Interview Questions

• I was given a spreadsheet of costs and asked specific questions pertaining to the spreadsheet.   Answer Question

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIH (Rockville, MD) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied to the posting via USA Jobs. The questions on the application are fairly standard and designed to eliminate candidates that do not meet certification requirements. Approximately 2 weeks after the posting closing date, I was called for a scheduled interview. The interview was on site (NIAID) and consisted of two individuals asking me questions during the one interview. The experience was different for me because they had a formulated set list of questions which they followed. Literally, I could see them read the question from a paper, they would ask the question, and then they would write my response. My overall impression was that my answers/conduct in the interview were good, but that the interviewers seemed to be going through the motions from the start. I was not offered the position and I found out that they selected a candidate that was internal. To be honest it felt like I was a victim of formality and the job was never really up for grabs.

Interview Questions

• If you won $100 million, what would you do with the money?   1 Answer