NIH Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIH Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at NIH

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

I emailed a PI expressing interest in their lab and asked if they had room in their lab for a summer intern. I attached my resume and cover letter. About a week later, they emailed me back to schedule a time for the phone interview. After some back and forth due to some problems with communications I was able to get an interview. It was fairly simple just asking about my experience and interests.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NIH

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Phone interview that involved the explanation of math related to science. After listening I was asked why i was interested. I began to explain how I cared for the topics at hand.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NIH.

Interview

Talked to a PI over the phone and then had an in person interview with PI. Discussed passed work experience, what the project would be, who I would be working with, etc.

Interview Questions

• Past experience?
      Have you worked in a wet lab?
      Have you interacted on a team before?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

A P.I. called and spoke for a few minutes. We discussed the work their lab does as well as points on my resume. They wanted to confirm I already knew some basic laboratory protocols.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you encountered an issue and detail how you troubleshooted it.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NIH in December 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application to the Summer Internship Program (SIP) portal. The application included my resume, a personal statement and two letters of recommendation. I then started to contact PIs via email. I researched recent papers that the PI and their lab had published and summarized them and my interest in their lab in my email to them. The first PI I contacted followed up with a phone interview. It lasted approximately an hour. Most of it was spent with her describing the Lab. She asked nonspecific and relatively easy questions. I received an offer 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with human pathogen transmitting products?   Answer Question