NIIT Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIIT Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2017

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

easy interview and asked collection ,multi threading ,spring,hibernate questions,
core java,strings,threads,sql
Applied to an online posting and was contacted within 7 days. Was set for an interview within the next 3 days. A decision was made by the end of the week and I was offered the position and received my offer letter from HR within 3 weeks of applying.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NIIT Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

This review is for all the D2K developers who ever/never had interview with NIIT Tech Bangalore.For Bangalore location the interview process is a waste of time. If you had a bad luck you will meet a person named ***Gopal*** who lost all his skills and hair with time.I even doubt if he ever had any skills.He was not sure what he should ask for a specific role and even initially told me that all senior employees are scolding him as he was forcing them to do overtime .I already worked with a TL role with my previous company.As a Lead one should never discuss their team internal matters to outsiders .But he was doing that.He asked me about my expected CTC as he was expecting every lateral joiners should expect less CTC than him as because he was earning below 6L CTC.For a 4 year exp. person having nearly 5L CTC can't have a expectation below 6L even third party employers are paying much more than that.Coming to the questions he asked he simply got them from google or by asking any of the team members.If you have a different correct answer for his questions then think before answering because his questions are directly downloaded from google not from experience and i'm sure he never understood them.Once I was selected by their Mumbai office that interview was taken by both their TL and senior manager.I always had a +ve impression with their Mumbai office because their interviews are really competitive and somewhat difficult but for Bangalore location interview process is horrible .Only Less CTC will assure a person to get a job at their Bangalore office.Not sure why they don't have good interview panel like their Mumbai office.I think they should send some of their employees like gopal to Mumbai office for Skills/Leadership training.For all the experienced people if you have a hike expectation of below 15% and have no knowledge then you should have a try at NIIT Tech Bangalore office.Stupids like Gopal will no doubt select you.One Advice for NIIT Tech Bangalore management please keep good experienced people with your interview panel so that you will get good hires like your Mumbai office .Otherwise you will have some stupid people in leadership like the above said fool who instead of helping all other team members during work will ask help for himself from everyone.If i will again get a chance to meet that fool i will show him what qualities/skills he was lacking as a Lead.

Interview Questions

• All Easy .Everything was from google.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Noida (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed at NIIT on 10th June 2017.It started with one online test followed by technical and managerial interview.Then after 2 days they send me the link to complete one online aptitude test then there was one telephonic discussion.Then they send me the link to update the profile on their career portal.

After that there is no communication.I called post 2 days and asked for the update , they told that they don't have the budget even equivalent to my current CTC.What the hell is that , why did they even call and waste the time of someone if they don't have the budget.They should firstly check the current package of employee on the portal clearly then only they should call.Very bad process , highly disappointed.

I will not suggest anyone to go for NIIT.Cheap company, no process , no professionalism.

Interview Questions

• questions were from webservices,spring and junit section of java.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Chandigarh (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview had three rounds. First, online technical test. Second, technical interview and third, managerial interview.
    The process overall took 7 hours to me because of bad management of time and some unprofessional approach for interview.

After I got through all the rounds, I was very sure I am going to crack it. I got a call for the offer but never expected NIIT to be this cheap. All they offered was 15% of hike from my current package and that too when they knew I was relocating from my home location to their metro city.

Even when during the telephonic screening I clarified my demand for package but now I feel all that interview and process was a waste.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions included basics of ASP.Net, C#, OOPS, SQL & Entity Framework   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Noida (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was directly called for interview by NIIT HR. It was a 1 day process and i got offer after 3 days. There where 4 rounds of interview. 2 technical managerial and 1 hr round. the process took the whole day.question were related to core java,some algorithm questions, Spring MVC and some questions from Hibernate also.

Interview Questions

• they will ask u basic question from Collections, Spring annotations and some algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Candidates need to pass a logical reasoning test to go ahead for further rounds.
    The second round is F2F interview round for the position candidate has appeared.
    Once resource succeeds the preceding rounds, next comes the managerial round and finally the HR round.

Interview Questions

• Introductory to detail questions on SQL server query techniques and query optimization techniques.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was brisk, and a healthy discussion. They were keen to see my approach and problem solving mindset. If I was not clear about some concepts, they were correcting my right away.
    It was a hectic multiple round sessions, covering different technologies.

Interview Questions

• .My past project.
      .wcf
      .wpf.
      .propose a possible architecture for some scenarios   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Noida (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR screening round in which HR discusses about profile shortlisting and giving details about the company . Then followed by Telephonic technical round that lasted for around 45 minutes . This round mainly checks the technical knowledge as per the requirement of the project . If you get through the technical round and next round is Manager round where he mainly discusses about the previous company projects, processes followed software development life cycle .

Interview Questions

• Singleton design pattern?
      Difference between equals and hashcode method?
      Collections framework?
      Spring mvc ?
      Dependency Injection?
      Types of dependency injection?
      Previous project ?
      Threading concepts in java?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies (Noida (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Telephonic Round:

Description of App on which currently working.

App related questions.

Offline handling in App.

Push Notification.

How GPS works.

fundamental of objective C.

2. Online reasoning test.

3. Face to Face: - Lots of questions (Technical)

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIIT Technologies.

Interview

Telephonic Interview, Interview through Skype. It was a easy going interview. With general questions like what you work on, how many years of experience. Need to bargain a lot with the salary. Once you get in, it is difficult to get good hike and role change. So bargain to the highest level before you come.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Had to bargain a lot.