NIKE Athlete Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.3

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Sunday(7/30/17) and got a call the next day (5 minute phone interview) asking the simple questions like Why Nike? Where did you hear about this opportunity? and set up an in-person interview for Wednesday. Got to the store about 30 minutes before and waited for about 10 minutes before the HM brought me up. I thought it was a group interview but it was a one-on-one surprisingly. The HM was very respectful and kind with addressing and explaining the questions regarding customer service and Nike's team qualities. At the end I did an availability form. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was the first of about 5 or 6 interviews from Wednesday-Friday. The HM said that I would be emailed or called weather I got the job or not and it would take about a week. It's Monday(8/7/17) and haven't received anything yet.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite shoe?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Scheduled an in-person interview, turned out to be a group interview. They asked a couple of basic questions you would expect for an interview. Got a reply a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you experienced someone being dishonest. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call and had a mini interview on the phone which consisted of 3-4 questions. Got invited to do a group interview which lasted around 45minutes to an hour.

Anonymous Employee in North Bend, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (North Bend, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Two days later I received an email that I got an interview. It was a group interview with about 8 of us. The next day, I got a call from the managers saying I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Nike product?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you felt someone was being dishonest. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you experienced good customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you and your team had a goal to reach. How did you accomplish it?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Smithfield, NC).

Interview

Phone interview was brief and we scheduled for group interview. Group interview went by quick. It was laid back and not hard at all. They emailed me my background information to sent to hirerite the same day

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

We had a 25 minute interview with just one other person. Half of the time we talked about my background and why i was interested in the position. The other half of the time we talked about experiences I have had in life and in work.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you handled a difficult situation well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Lubbock, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a few days, went in for an interview and had the job within two weeks. Once hired, you will have a week long training that was very beneficial before starting on your own.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NIKE (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a day later and got a phone interview. Recruiter liked what they heard then decided to move on with the process. Got scheduled for a group interview. Went to the store, was directed by a current employee who was very nice. It was 6 of us being interviewed by 3 hiring managers.
    Pretty intimidating at first since this is the Flagship store in NYC. But they eased us in and everything was comfortable. Hiring managers take notes of everyone's answers. Be yourself! Don't try to suck up. They wanna hear genuineness in your voice. Got an email from HireRight a day later asking for a background check. Very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why Nike?   3 Answers
    • Name a situation where you received/experienced good/bad customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe your passion.   Answer Question
    • When was a time where you had to tell someone what they didn't want to hear, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NIKE (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online; received a phone call the following week, which encompassed a super casual phone interview and chat. It was very comfortable and welcoming. Scheduled an in-store interview then for that week. Chatted with managers in the store. Casual again but asked more difficult questions regarding situational issues and my background.

Athlete Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Applied online and got a call on the telephone a few days later with a very easy phone interview and set up an in person interview in a hotel somewhere. It was a group interview and they asked questions from left to right. I was sitting on the left so every question was asked to me first and the rest of the interviewees took my answers spiced them up and made the answers much more pretty.

Interview Questions

• If you were given 10 million dollars right now how would you spend it   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your experiences talking with people outside of work   Answer Question