NIKE Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIKE Director Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took several months. Typical process of initial interview with recruiting, then interview with hiring manager, and then site interviews. I was invited to Beaverton for in person interviews that included a full day of interviews with groups of two or three totaling about 12 people and then two follow up phone interviews the following week. The whole process was very positive and everyone I met was very pleasant. They put me up in a very nice hotel and rented a car for me, gave me a generous per Diem, and gave me an opportunity to shop in the company store at a 50% discount. The questions all center on cultural/emotional intelligence. It appears their focus is whether you will fit in their culture and can manage in a matrix structured organization. The questions were not difficult and they did not press me for additional information. I couldn't determine whether those involved weren't really engaged in the interviewing process or that represented their non-confrontational culture. Following the interviews they stated they would be back with me in a few weeks. A few weeks past and no word. I finally wrote the recruiter a month later for an update. She sent me a quick response that suggested they had forgotten about me. They had offered the job to someone else. So in conclusion, a solid process, friendly culture, that fell apart at the end.

Interview Questions

• Most questions related to overcoming difficult situations or working with difficult people.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for NIKE

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE in March 2017.

Interview

Let me set the stage for this one. I have had multiple recruiters, consulting firms and peers in the industry advise me on how well I would fit into the Nike culture and what a great match my skills would be. I've had multiple recruiters submit me to multiple Nike roles, absolutely convinced I was a shoe in for the role - Nike recruiters, 3rd party recruiters and an internal referral.

That being said, of all of the above, I've had 2 interviews with Nike. One I already submitted a review and now #2 - a Director role I submitted my resume and application for on Nike careers. Two interviews, no offers and in exception of the first one nothing but outright dropping me.

This 2nd interview, about a week after submitting for the job, I was excited to receive an email titled "Congratulations! You got the interview!" I thought wow, what a great way to get your candidates/customers (because remember, we as candidates are customers too) excited. This "interview" turned out to be basically an electronically submitted pre-screening question to which Nike referred to as an essay. They sent me a link to this electronic interview website and told me to follow the instructions. I did. The next evening, I spent hours crafting a well-thought out response to the questions. The recruiters email she first sent said "take this interview and then I will be in touch with next steps.

That was about about a month and a half ago. I sent her several "thank you" and "checking on the status" emails, politely asking where things were. I never heard a word back from her or anyone at Nike. Outright and boldly ignored.

This seems to generally be how these corporations are "recruiting" in today's world. So either the workload of the recruiters is so unmanageable that their candidate pool is ignored, or, there is just an absolute disregard for candidates, their value and their time. Either way, this is broken and not okay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strategic initiative you managed. How did you creat the structure, manage it, what roadblocks did you encounter and how did you measure success.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

Many phone interviews followed by a visit to campus. In person visit to HQ included a day of interviews and a panel interview. They give you a packet prior to arriving encouraging you to take risks and be innovative. Communication is not very good overall - Very unique culture

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment at you previous employer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in May 2010.

Interview

Immediate phone call from HR recruiter to set up a date/time to conduct the phone interview. Recruiter called right on time and we spoke approximately 50 minutes. Arranged for follow-up call after reviewing with hiring manager and he called right on time again. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• Describe successes in developing people?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIKE in April 2010.

Interview

All logistics were handled extremely well, with full reimbursement of costs.

Senior executive who was scheduled to conduct the interview canceled at the last minute (I found out as I walked into the interview). Person reporting to them and HR person conducted the interview.

HR person didn't have a business card. I got absolutely NO communication after the interview, despite
    follow up email to the senior manager and person who scheduled the interview.

I expect that everyone's intentions were positive, but the process for communicating with someone who spent a day traveling to visit the company and was a potential candidate for other positions was lacking.

Interview Questions

• Given you have worked for many years as an external consultant, how will you fit in our corporate culture?   Answer Question