NIKE Athlete (Sales Associate) Part Time Under Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Athlete (Sales Associate) Part Time Under Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received an interview with two different stores in my area. They both started out the same at first with a phone interview asking basic questions such as availability, previous experience, how interested you are in sports your favorite teams etc. Then we set up an in person interview.

I interviewed at the north store first. It turned out to be a group interview i felt a little overdressed for. We went in to the managers office and introduced ourselves and told them a little about us then they started asking questions like "Why Nike?" "What is you passion." "Tell about a time you received good (and bad) customer service." Then at the end they asked us to observe the store and tell them something that we noticed was wrong or needed improvement. After that they shook our hands and let us go.

My interview for the south store was two days later. It was much of the same process. The store we interviewed for was brand new opening the next month so the interview was at a nearby hotel conference room. The manager that interviewed us here was the same one from the north store (she was transferring to take over this one) she recognized me but had me interview again. Again it was a group interview with three other people and they asked all the same questions with a couple new ones added in. This interview was a little more relaxed but it had a couple twists. They gave each of us a random item that we had to "sell" to them. I got a deck of cards, someone else got a toy shovel, a tennis ball etc. We had to explain the benefits and features of our item.

About two days after the second interview I got a phone call from the hiring manager offering me the position and she forwarded me a background check request which i quickly filled out. About a week later it came back and we started rookie camp.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All entry level positions are Part time less than 20 hours. I had $8.80/h with 40% online and nikeTown discount and 30% in-store and affiliate (Converse, Cole Haan, Hurley) discount. After 6 months you can move up to part time over. (20-25 hours a week)