NIKE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NIKE Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE in March 2017.

Interview

Let me set the stage for this one. I have had multiple recruiters, consulting firms and peers in the industry advise me on how well I would fit into the Nike culture and what a great match my skills would be. I've had multiple recruiters submit me to multiple Nike roles, absolutely convinced I was a shoe in for the role - Nike recruiters, 3rd party recruiters and an internal referral.

That being said, of all of the above, I've had 2 interviews with Nike. One I already submitted a review and now #2 - a Director role I submitted my resume and application for on Nike careers. Two interviews, no offers and in exception of the first one nothing but outright dropping me.

This 2nd interview, about a week after submitting for the job, I was excited to receive an email titled "Congratulations! You got the interview!" I thought wow, what a great way to get your candidates/customers (because remember, we as candidates are customers too) excited. This "interview" turned out to be basically an electronically submitted pre-screening question to which Nike referred to as an essay. They sent me a link to this electronic interview website and told me to follow the instructions. I did. The next evening, I spent hours crafting a well-thought out response to the questions. The recruiters email she first sent said "take this interview and then I will be in touch with next steps.

That was about about a month and a half ago. I sent her several "thank you" and "checking on the status" emails, politely asking where things were. I never heard a word back from her or anyone at Nike. Outright and boldly ignored.

This seems to generally be how these corporations are "recruiting" in today's world. So either the workload of the recruiters is so unmanageable that their candidate pool is ignored, or, there is just an absolute disregard for candidates, their value and their time. Either way, this is broken and not okay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strategic initiative you managed. How did you creat the structure, manage it, what roadblocks did you encounter and how did you measure success.   1 Answer

SalesEHQ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilversum (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Hilversum (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a normal application process. It started throught the company's website. In few weeks I received an e-mail that allowed me to pass to next round. I had to make an online interview through HireVue. Quite weird. 30sec to prepare the answer and you don't see people in front of you, just yourself. By the way, the questions were just on personality and other stuff. I still prefer the more conventional "human" interviews.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NIKE (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applying online foe the sales position for the new nike store that is opening at the Grove. Didn't hear from NIke for four weeks if not more. Got a call for a interview a week in. Came into the interview which was a group interview. Four groups of 5 was all in one room we was interviewed by two hiring managers we were told instructions and then the managers begin to ask us numerous questions. the questions lasted about 20 minutes as the managers took notes. After the interview i didnt hear from Nike for about three weeks and then a week later started training.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mercedes, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Mercedes, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Went in as a group. 4-5 people at a time and took turns answering the same question. You could easily elaborate on another person's answer. Don't forget to wear NIKEs if you are wearing sneakers to the interview.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Folsom, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, went to the store to ask about the status of my application, got a call the next day, had a phone interview and then asked to come in for a group interview. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you heard someone being dishonest about you and what did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • A time you were working as a team and what was the goal   Answer Question
    • Give a time someone gave you instructions to do something but you were unclear about it, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • What is something you are most passionate?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic and was mostly an introduction with the HR. It started with a general self introduction, and continued with all the details about every step of my career path. Furthermore it was investigated why and in which degree I was interested in working for Nike.

Digital Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

got an interview through a friend who worked there, met with management and was given a quick intro of the job I would have and responsibilities. Straight forward questions and resume walkthrough. Lot of scenario based questions to gauge personality.

Interview Questions

• Has there been an instance where you have disagreed with a manager or superior? How did you handle the disagreement?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I interviewed at NIKE (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an online interview, where you get written questions and you record your answers to 4 questions. You only have one take to record the message and you are given 3 minutes to answer and 30 seconds to prepare your answer. What bothered me a little is that you can see yourself when you are recording your answers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the internship program at Nike European HQ. After about a month I received an invitation to a "digital interview" which is done online. You have 5-9 questions, and you have 20 sec to prepare your answer and 3min to reply via your website. It can be quite strange to to talking to your webcam so remember to look at your webcam and stay confident and smiley.
    It's really about getting to know you and your behavior.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a marketing campaign on social media that you like recently   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a presentation you lead, and how you prepared for it.   Answer Question

Running & Women's Brand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Was referred by an ex-Nike employee to apply for the role, emailed the Talent Manager and was shortlisted for an assessment centre a week later.

10 person assessment centre that consisted of an individual question, a group presentation and a 2:1 interview.

Individual Question - was pretty basic asking what your favourite brand was and why.

Group Presentation - was to develop a marketing campaign in the run up to an event. We had an hour to prepare and 5 mins to present.

2:1 Interview - Very casual and conformable interview which was used to learn more about your experience, interests, past work and your understanding and interest in Nike.

Overall a good experience, likely to re-apply in another capacity if/when possible.