NIKE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,000 Interview Reviews

2.6

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

got the interview through skype through a recruitment firm.Interview did not have any formal introduction.There were around 2-3 interviewers on the other side who did not show their webcame eventhough my webcam was on.They directly started asking questions which i felt were basic questions and they started to ask me to write queries in a notepad ,which i did

Interview Questions

• they asked about partition queries   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took several months. Typical process of initial interview with recruiting, then interview with hiring manager, and then site interviews. I was invited to Beaverton for in person interviews that included a full day of interviews with groups of two or three totaling about 12 people and then two follow up phone interviews the following week. The whole process was very positive and everyone I met was very pleasant. They put me up in a very nice hotel and rented a car for me, gave me a generous per Diem, and gave me an opportunity to shop in the company store at a 50% discount. The questions all center on cultural/emotional intelligence. It appears their focus is whether you will fit in their culture and can manage in a matrix structured organization. The questions were not difficult and they did not press me for additional information. I couldn't determine whether those involved weren't really engaged in the interviewing process or that represented their non-confrontational culture. Following the interviews they stated they would be back with me in a few weeks. A few weeks past and no word. I finally wrote the recruiter a month later for an update. She sent me a quick response that suggested they had forgotten about me. They had offered the job to someone else. So in conclusion, a solid process, friendly culture, that fell apart at the end.

Interview Questions

• Most questions related to overcoming difficult situations or working with difficult people.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE in March 2017.

Interview

Let me set the stage for this one. I have had multiple recruiters, consulting firms and peers in the industry advise me on how well I would fit into the Nike culture and what a great match my skills would be. I've had multiple recruiters submit me to multiple Nike roles, absolutely convinced I was a shoe in for the role - Nike recruiters, 3rd party recruiters and an internal referral.

That being said, of all of the above, I've had 2 interviews with Nike. One I already submitted a review and now #2 - a Director role I submitted my resume and application for on Nike careers. Two interviews, no offers and in exception of the first one nothing but outright dropping me.

This 2nd interview, about a week after submitting for the job, I was excited to receive an email titled "Congratulations! You got the interview!" I thought wow, what a great way to get your candidates/customers (because remember, we as candidates are customers too) excited. This "interview" turned out to be basically an electronically submitted pre-screening question to which Nike referred to as an essay. They sent me a link to this electronic interview website and told me to follow the instructions. I did. The next evening, I spent hours crafting a well-thought out response to the questions. The recruiters email she first sent said "take this interview and then I will be in touch with next steps.

That was about about a month and a half ago. I sent her several "thank you" and "checking on the status" emails, politely asking where things were. I never heard a word back from her or anyone at Nike. Outright and boldly ignored.

This seems to generally be how these corporations are "recruiting" in today's world. So either the workload of the recruiters is so unmanageable that their candidate pool is ignored, or, there is just an absolute disregard for candidates, their value and their time. Either way, this is broken and not okay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a strategic initiative you managed. How did you creat the structure, manage it, what roadblocks did you encounter and how did you measure success.   1 Answer

Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Smithfield, NC).

Interview

Phone interview was brief and we scheduled for group interview. Group interview went by quick. It was laid back and not hard at all. They emailed me my background information to sent to hirerite the same day

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

Brief phone interview at first. Eventually, they call you into the store to do a large group interview. Very laid back and they ask questions regarding sports, responsibility, and problem-solving.

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Grove City, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call in a few days and had an interview scheduled. Laid back interview, interviewers were friendly. There were two interviewers and another interviewee with me. Basic interview questions nothing tricky. They said they would call in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why Nike?
      Time you received good and bad service.   Answer Question

Under Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online got a call the next week got a phone screening. the phone screening was short after the phone screening I was asked to come in the next day for a group interview, but for some reason the other candidates did not show up so it ended up being just me and two other managers. interview lasted about 30 minutes, they were very laid back and you could tell that they were passionate about their job. some of the questions they asked were experienced based. some advice would be to know your history on nike , they like to see that you done you research.

Interview Questions

• what is your favorite nike shoe and why   1 Answer

Global Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Beaverton, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was tough, they asked some challenging, intellectually stimulating questions. It gave me a great opportunity to touch on my experience and let them know why I would be a good fit for this position.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest challenge you've faced in your life and how'd you overcome it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NIKE in March 2017.

Interview

Had two phone screens about a week apart, then flew in to Portland for a full talent day. Generally was less technical than I expected, they cared a lot about how you thought and your leadership experience.

Interview Questions

• If you were leading a meeting and someone was on their phone and not paying attention, how would you react?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NIKE.

Interview

If was very fun positive and great energy, i would recommand working for this company and i would go back if i re applied. they ask multply question and give everybody a chance to talk. there is no wrong answer.