NIKE Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part-Time Under Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

Initially, the process took a while considering I turned in my application online in January and I didn't hear from them until April. When I did hear back from them, the process was speedy. I first got an email from a Nike Recruit and had a very short phone interview and after she set me up with a panel interview with hiring managers at Nike LV North. A few days later, I attended the interview and it was a group interview. There were 5 people in my interview group and 2 hiring managers. Questions were very basic interview questions, as well as fun personal questions. Because it is a group interview I recommend trying to stand out. I made sure that I answered first or second every question. Also, eye contact is key. One guy in my interview group was answering questions with his head down the whole time and I didn't see him at Rookie Training Camp. As long as you're confident with your answers and you really have a passion to work for Nike, they will take you into their consideration and take you into the team. After a few days, you should receive an email for a background check. Once you pass that, you're in!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you met a "perfect stranger"?   Answer Question
    • If you were in our position, what questions would you ask to make sure that each candidate is fit for the team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you accomplished a task with a team?   Answer Question

Nike Athlete (Sales Associate) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email the next morning telling me to call and have a phone interview. After about a week later I received a call from a NIKE recruiter that scheduled my face-to-face interview. (for Friday) It was a group interview with me and 2 other candidates. There was two managers asking us questions. On Monday, I received an email telling me to fill out a form for a background check. Took about a week then I was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• At NIKE, we take honesty and integrity seriously. Tell us about a time where you saw someone being dishonest and how did you handle the situation? What was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you receive good or bad customer service.   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite NIKE product?   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about? What is your favorite sport? How can you use your passion/fav sport to sell an item to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Name a specific time when you were unsure what to do and had to see help.   Answer Question

Merchandise Flow Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Was interviewed by a panel of three managers who took turns asking various questions about myself and future goals, as well as my knowledge of my Nike and general footwear and apparel. It was not difficult whatsoever, but a little intimidating being interviewed by three managers all asking questions.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and my friend put me on a referral list. I got a call about a week after i applied. The manager asked me to come in for a group interview. I went to the group interview and we were interviewed by two managers. There was about five people getting interviewed at once. they asked basic interview questions. after the interview i was call about two weeks later to come in to do paper work.

Athlete (Aka Retail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

So it's a group interview and they take you back in a room with for me it was 2 lady's that have been with Nike for 17 and 18 years. They were inviting and taking notes so try not to be nervous in front of them or your peers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you saw someone lie and you knew it was one.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a Time you received (good or bad they choose which) service.   1 Answer
    • What are you passionate about and why would this help in our store?   1 Answer
    • Name a time someone told you to do something you didn't want to do.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to tell someone something that could be hard or challenging for them to hear   1 Answer

Seasonal Athlete Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty fast, I applied and in a few days was called for a phone interview, where there ask simple question, such as Do I have a passion for sports? Afterwards they scheduled me a group interview with five others.

Nike Athlete Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Filled application out online. The next day I received an email for a phone interview. I was scheduled a face to face interview a week later. However that location I applied for decided not to go forward with any interviews. I was asked if I would be interested in another location and was scheduled another interview within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you set a goal for yourself , how did you accomplish it ?   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you did something without instruction..   Answer Question
    • If you could do one thing for the rest of your life what would it be ? (exclude money)   Answer Question
    • Give an example when you felt someone was being dishonest , what did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you received good and/or bad customer service..   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you had to give a person information that they didn't want to hear , how did they handle it ? How did you fix it ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have no job experience or retail it helps if you talk about sports , school , or a personal experience. Mention your availability . Just be yourself . Knowledge of Nike will definitely help but it won't hurt your chances either .

The interview was casual . I wore a nike polo and khakis . Don't worry about tattoos etc.. they like personality .

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

It's usually a goup interview. You really do not have the ability to answer their interview questions because you feel restricted from the other candidates. And the worst part about the group interview is that there's 5 other candidates. I believe they chose 1 person out of every group which is unfair. Horrible interviewing process. Did not enjoy it whatsoever.

Athlete (Sales Associate) Part Time Under Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

I filled out the online application and received an interview with two different stores in my area. They both started out the same at first with a phone interview asking basic questions such as availability, previous experience, how interested you are in sports your favorite teams etc. Then we set up an in person interview.

I interviewed at the north store first. It turned out to be a group interview i felt a little overdressed for. We went in to the managers office and introduced ourselves and told them a little about us then they started asking questions like "Why Nike?" "What is you passion." "Tell about a time you received good (and bad) customer service." Then at the end they asked us to observe the store and tell them something that we noticed was wrong or needed improvement. After that they shook our hands and let us go.

My interview for the south store was two days later. It was much of the same process. The store we interviewed for was brand new opening the next month so the interview was at a nearby hotel conference room. The manager that interviewed us here was the same one from the north store (she was transferring to take over this one) she recognized me but had me interview again. Again it was a group interview with three other people and they asked all the same questions with a couple new ones added in. This interview was a little more relaxed but it had a couple twists. They gave each of us a random item that we had to "sell" to them. I got a deck of cards, someone else got a toy shovel, a tennis ball etc. We had to explain the benefits and features of our item.

About two days after the second interview I got a phone call from the hiring manager offering me the position and she forwarded me a background check request which i quickly filled out. About a week later it came back and we started rookie camp.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All entry level positions are Part time less than 20 hours. I had $8.80/h with 40% online and nikeTown discount and 30% in-store and affiliate (Converse, Cole Haan, Hurley) discount. After 6 months you can move up to part time over. (20-25 hours a week)