NIKE Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter and had a call within a few days. Call was pleasant and engaging. Very friendly, not pushy, and lots of great information. I proceeded to do a phone screen with the hiring manager a week later and it was also quite friendly and engaging. The questions were good (no loaded STAR questions) and we had a meaningful two way conversation. There were some hiccups in the expected time to hear back but they were transparent that they had a lot of interviews to get through. Ultimately I was not chosen to go on to the final stage interviews in Portland. Honestly, I really was grateful they communicated it as early as they could (about 3 weeks after my phone screen with the hiring manager). They did so in a very friendly way. No hard feelings whatsoever. Glad to have met them and wished them luck.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

There are three rounds of interview .First round with manager telephonic interview.once it's done then you will get test scenario for Automation assignment .Then face to face interview.in this some discussion about assignment and general questions

Digital Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

got an interview through a friend who worked there, met with management and was given a quick intro of the job I would have and responsibilities. Straight forward questions and resume walkthrough. Lot of scenario based questions to gauge personality.

Interview Questions

• Has there been an instance where you have disagreed with a manager or superior? How did you handle the disagreement?   1 Answer

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy, great people. Nothing unexpected. The phone scan asked about why you love Nike and why you love sports. Since this is a procurement role, there was a mini application/case question on how you would handle pricing materials. The interview day at the head quarters was unbelievable. You get to work out and tour the campus then have interviews. There are plenty of opportunities to network with the current analysts and ask any questions you want. The attire is Nike casual. Everyone wore polos, pants and nike tennis shoes.

Interview Questions

• Know how to do basic excel tasks like weighted averages, data sorting, at charts/graphs   1 Answer

Digital Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

I gave my resume to a Nike employee at a college job fair and received an email back from her asking if I were interested in interviewing with them! I scheduled phone call interviews with the university recruiters and spoke with two engineering teams and then the hiring manager on the mobile developer platform throughout within a month. The hiring manager was very engaging and interested about hearing more about my past experiences in working on mobile apps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your resume/ projects and which platform (iOS or Android) would you be interested in working on ?   1 Answer
    • How do you work in a team settings?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied while in business school. Of the 30 people in our cohort who applied, I was one of about 5 who got interviews.
    First interview - pretty straightforward with on campus representative/recruiter. Basic questions, why Nike, what sets you apart. This person was not able to answer much in the way of questions around the internship itself - scope, areas of focus, how many rounds of interview process, etc.

I moved on to 2nd round, which was video interviewing. Timed video interviews during which you have < 3 minutes to answer each question. It's recorded. There are no do-overs a d you cannot re-record. It was one of my least favourite interview methods since it's very impersonal and a little glitchy.

I did not make it to the 3rd round. From what I understand from 2 classmates who did, it consisted of 5 total rounds. Neither of them got the internship, including in person interviews and phone interviews with various departments.

I recommend not pursuing an internship with Nike this way, and instead pursuing informational interviews and temp assignments. Much higher success rate for everyone who applied for Nike roles in our MBA class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a team through a difficult time   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the Engineering Manager, the team lead, and a Product Owner from another team. There was to have been a follow on interview with a panel of Engineering Managers and another team member. I asked if I'd be able to meet the team and was told that's not part of their process.

Interview Questions

• Since there would be no Product Owner on this team I was asked how I would compensate for that. There were several questions around this as well as around how to deal with interruptions from the business and how to deal with team members moving in and out of the team. Additionally, they asked questions about user story elaboration and Agile process improvement.   1 Answer

It was clear to me that this situation would be chaotic involving long hours and extensive process variance. While the panel seemed nice and well-meaning, they were not staffed to actually be an Agile team. I've been in the spot before with Nike and found it not only unworkable but the environment seemed heedless of certain basic human needs on the team.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

two phone calls, 1 first with the hiring manager of the position asking questions about where i see myself in 5 years, my management experience, my overlap with the group i was interviewing for, then a subsequent phone interview with HR asking behavioral/situational questions and minimum salary expected out of the role
    interviewing on campus was all day, panel interview followed by campus tour, lunch with hiring manager, and then two 1 on 1 interviews

Interview Questions

• What's one way you've tried to influence a peer when you were not in a position of direct authority? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why Nike? What are some strategies you employ when you're stressed out and overwhelmed? How do you respond to losing?   Answer Question

Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Talk to someone from staffing, do in person interview, schedule another interview. Very hard to get in touch with management to schedule a second interview time. No one answered email or phone at all. So I started scheduling other things instead of with them as a result of them not really making up their mind or being un contactable. Currently I may have other offers but its hard to work with managers that don't follow up if they need employees.

Interview Questions

• What type of skills do you have?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Got call from agent, I have to go agent to go thru initial tech skill screening. I was asked about the difference about Java 7 and Java 8. Later have phone conversation with Hiring manager, he is very smart person. And no chatting only tech question.

Interview Questions

• How to write testable code, why use Dependence Injection.   Answer Question