NIKE Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

NIKE Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Feb 17, 2017

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick, easy, great people. Nothing unexpected. The phone scan asked about why you love Nike and why you love sports. Since this is a procurement role, there was a mini application/case question on how you would handle pricing materials. The interview day at the head quarters was unbelievable. You get to work out and tour the campus then have interviews. There are plenty of opportunities to network with the current analysts and ask any questions you want. The attire is Nike casual. Everyone wore polos, pants and nike tennis shoes.

Interview Questions

• Know how to do basic excel tasks like weighted averages, data sorting, at charts/graphs   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR).

Interview

Applied while in business school. Of the 30 people in our cohort who applied, I was one of about 5 who got interviews.
    First interview - pretty straightforward with on campus representative/recruiter. Basic questions, why Nike, what sets you apart. This person was not able to answer much in the way of questions around the internship itself - scope, areas of focus, how many rounds of interview process, etc.

I moved on to 2nd round, which was video interviewing. Timed video interviews during which you have < 3 minutes to answer each question. It's recorded. There are no do-overs a d you cannot re-record. It was one of my least favourite interview methods since it's very impersonal and a little glitchy.

I did not make it to the 3rd round. From what I understand from 2 classmates who did, it consisted of 5 total rounds. Neither of them got the internship, including in person interviews and phone interviews with various departments.

I recommend not pursuing an internship with Nike this way, and instead pursuing informational interviews and temp assignments. Much higher success rate for everyone who applied for Nike roles in our MBA class.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a team through a difficult time   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with the Engineering Manager, the team lead, and a Product Owner from another team. There was to have been a follow on interview with a panel of Engineering Managers and another team member. I asked if I'd be able to meet the team and was told that's not part of their process.

Interview Questions

• Since there would be no Product Owner on this team I was asked how I would compensate for that. There were several questions around this as well as around how to deal with interruptions from the business and how to deal with team members moving in and out of the team. Additionally, they asked questions about user story elaboration and Agile process improvement.   1 Answer

It was clear to me that this situation would be chaotic involving long hours and extensive process variance. While the panel seemed nice and well-meaning, they were not staffed to actually be an Agile team. I've been in the spot before with Nike and found it not only unworkable but the environment seemed heedless of certain basic human needs on the team.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

two phone calls, 1 first with the hiring manager of the position asking questions about where i see myself in 5 years, my management experience, my overlap with the group i was interviewing for, then a subsequent phone interview with HR asking behavioral/situational questions and minimum salary expected out of the role
    interviewing on campus was all day, panel interview followed by campus tour, lunch with hiring manager, and then two 1 on 1 interviews

Interview Questions

• What's one way you've tried to influence a peer when you were not in a position of direct authority? What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Why Nike? What are some strategies you employ when you're stressed out and overwhelmed? How do you respond to losing?   Answer Question

Help Desk Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Talk to someone from staffing, do in person interview, schedule another interview. Very hard to get in touch with management to schedule a second interview time. No one answered email or phone at all. So I started scheduling other things instead of with them as a result of them not really making up their mind or being un contactable. Currently I may have other offers but its hard to work with managers that don't follow up if they need employees.

Interview Questions

• What type of skills do you have?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer, Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Got call from agent, I have to go agent to go thru initial tech skill screening. I was asked about the difference about Java 7 and Java 8. Later have phone conversation with Hiring manager, he is very smart person. And no chatting only tech question.

Interview Questions

• How to write testable code, why use Dependence Injection.   Answer Question

Quality Management Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and did a phone screening a few days later. About a week later I was contacted about coming in for a face to face interview. The interview was a good experience with two panels. They asked me some scripted questions and there was also informal discussion regarding my experience. Everyone was very professional and polite. I got an email a couple weeks later indicating they had gone with a different candidate. They said they would keep me in mind for future opportunities.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply through University, and a team from Nike came to our school in order to conduct the interview. The interview setting was really casual. It didnt feel like an interview. Questions were really open ended. I just applied so I'm still waiting for an answer. The whole interview only took 15 minutes. it was timed!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nike?
      Why did you choose your major?
      1 Answer

Director Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR).

Interview

Got an email and did a phone screen within a few days. Moved to another interview with a hiring manager. Everyone was very engaging and pleasant. I really enjoyed all of the questions and conversations. Everyone put you at ease, very casual. I got an email a few days later that another candidate had been selected but they would keep me in mind.

Senior Hadoop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NIKE (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

At least 5 phone interviews before the onsite interview. The interviewers are nice and questions are ranging from GIS, statisitics to algorithm. Questions related to big data platforms such as hadoop and spark are intensive and some of them are very detail. Business sense are also important.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to big data platforms such as hadoop and spark are intensive and some of them are very detail.   Answer Question